Colesworth price gouging?

The price gouging claims are interesting given operating margin for both the red and the green remains the same as it has been for over a decade - in the 2-3% range.

Huge amount of capital deployed and huge employers and only a 2-3% margin.

There’s plenty of other industries that should be looked at for price gouging, but like the banks, they are a political target.

Yeah the headline profit figure is an easy one for most to think they understand............and be outraged at

Prices have certainly risen, but I don't shop at Aldi so can't compare if they have stayed the same. I'm pretty confident I wasn't paying $9 for a 6-pack of sausages 2 years ago, but whether that's price gouging or inflation is difficult to tell. They've certainly made some good profits, but that's their job, to keep their shareholders happy, not me ;)

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

The question these journos don't ask is - How much do you think the companies should reduce their prices by (in %ge terms).

Suspect the average answers would have both companies out of cash and out of business within weeks, closing hundreds of stores and costing thousands their jobs.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back