Couple of quick ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissieflyer

Just signed up for the program, with a Westpac Platinum card.

1)
Is there a way to see from the site how many points it takes to fly to a specific location at a specific class?

2)
Can a combination of cash/points be used?

3)
My wife is already in the program, and has points. She is added on the cards, and has her own Platinum cards issued. How do we link to her old points?

Thanks guys!!

1)
Is there a way to see from the site how many points it takes to fly to a specific location at a specific class?

2)

3)
My wife is already in the program, and has points. She is added on the cards, and has her own Platinum cards issued. How do we link to her old points?

Thanks guys!!
Hi Brissieflyer,

Welcome to AFF.

I'm sure someone who is familiar with the Westpac programs will have answers for you shortly.

1)

2)

3)

Thanks guys!!

1) You can get a quote from Altitude Rewards (you can do it online). Basically, you use the points to purchase a commercial ticket, so it comes down to how much a ticket would cost to buy. Roughly speaking, an Altitude point equates to around 0.6c (seems a bit of variation around that, but not much). There does appear to be some sort of booking fee included in the taxes, levies and charges, so it does work out a little more expensive.

2) Yes, there is a points + pay option

3) Don't know, perhaps give Westpac a call.

1)

!
There are [at least] two ways to buy flights with the Altitude Points

Westpac Travel
These flights can be searched via a tool on the Westpac Rewards website. Access via a link on the righthand column of the internet banking page.

I have searched flights on here but I haven't found value. Similar to the items in the Altitude brochures I don't find them good use of points.

Transfer to an airline frequentflyer scheme

This is the system I use. I transfer the Altitude points that i earn to one of their available airline partners. In my case I transfer to SQ KrisFler. I leave the points in Altitude until I need to transfer them as they have a 3 year expiry with KF.

I find the redemption 'value' is better in the airline schemes. Do some calculations on the destinations to which you wan to fly.

This is also a way to access Ms Brissieflyer old Westpac points. Transfer her and your points to an airline scheme that will allow points transfers.

In both of these cases above, you need to do some calculations to work out your best redemption method for the travel you seek.

Welcome to AFF & The Game

Alby

Roughly speaking, an Altitude point equates to around 0.6c (seems a bit of variation around that, but not much).

I notice it's that much for gift cards ... so is the travel value much the same then? I'm having a hard time working it out, because I don't really fly any of the airline partners (except MH, whose website is woeful!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back