DBX 1st Lounge access as One world Emerald?

Natalie Z

Qantas
Platinum
Hi everyone

I'm so sorry if this has been posted before. I have looked on the Emirates website and other threads but I am still unsure

I need to fly to Europe from Australia later this month and I'd like to go business class on an A380. My question relates to First class lounge access as a One World Emerald member (from Qantas platinum)

The route I'm thinking of taking is entirely with Emirates booking on their website and nothing to do with Qantas, though I know they're a partner airline. It is SIN - DBX - MAD (Madrid) and returning. I'm wondering if can access the First lounge by being a Qantas platinum member, even though I will be booking on the Emirates website. I've always wondered what it would be like in there and also would like a nice lounge to stopover in

It's expensive to do the entire leg from Australia I will fly myself to Singapore (from Cairns) first in economy (Singapore airlines) and then on to Europe business. I will be paying in full because I don't know if I can use my QF points or link my Qantas account to earn points. Any tips or tricks would be really welcome at this stage because I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm not seasoned like the rest of you. Recommendations of good airlines/price hacks business class would be much appreciated but it may be a different thread. I have chosen Madrid because it's the cheapest location I've found so far with Emirates, but I am flexible. I have 150,000 Qantas points, don't know if I can use them?

Thanks
Natalie

Screen Shot 2024-10-10 at 5.30.49 am.png

It is SIN - DBX - MAD (Madrid) and returning. I'm wondering if can access the First lounge by being a Qantas platinum member

Yes you can access the EK First lounge in DXB.

In SIN you can go to either the QF First (if it's open) or EK lounges.

If booked on EK flight numbers you will earn points but no status credits.

Side note: it has nothing to do with your oneworld Emerald. It's an agreement directly between EK and QF.

Yes you can access the EK First lounge in DXB.

In SIN you can go to either the QF First (if it's open) or EK lounges.

If booked on EK flight numbers you will earn points but no status credits.

Side note: it has nothing to do with your oneworld Emerald. It's an agreement directly between EK and QF.
Thank you so much for letting me know. So, even if travelling on an EK route - not booked through Qantas - I can still show my Qantas FF platinum card and I’ll be allowed to enter?

I’m wondering if I need to do anything on the emirates booking end for my one world member number to show on the boarding pass. They have something called Skywards but I can’t find where to put the partner airline FF/one world number to show. Will it still be ok?

So, even if travelling on an EK route - not booked through Qantas - I can still show my Qantas FF platinum card and I’ll be allowed to enter?

Other than EK flights departing from the USA (and possibly going to, I can't remember the exact policy) that's correct. You can always use EK lounges on other routes whenever you are on a QF or EK flight. This even applies at EK lounges within Australia.

I’m wondering if I need to do anything on the emirates booking end for my one world member number to show on the boarding pass. They have something called Skywards but I can’t find where to put the partner airline FF/one world number to show. Will it still be ok?

There should be a way to link your QFF number. I don't have any upcoming EK bookings so I can't see the field(s) myself, but if another member doesn't chime in you could contact Emirates to get the number attached.

You may also want to look into Qatar fares from SIN to Europe. They are usually quite competitively priced and you'll get access to the excellent QR lounge in SIN (as well as QF F).

You won't get access to the QR F lounge in DOH, but instead you'll have access to the QR J Al Mourjan lounge which is excellent for a Business lounge. The upside of flying QR is that you'll have a better onboard product (look specifically for Q Suites departures) and you'll earn a decent number of status credits if you need help retaining Platinum.

The other option to look at is Finnair - again a Oneworld partner and very competitively priced. Similar reasoning as QR above, better onboard product for the long leg to Helsinki and status credits. You'll have access to the Platinum wing at Helsinki airport which has some interesting facilities such as a sauna.

Other than EK flights departing from the USA (and possibly going to, I can't remember the exact policy) that's correct. You can always use EK lounges on other routes whenever you are on a QF or EK flight. This even applies at EK lounges within Australia.

There should be a way to link your QFF number. I don't have any upcoming EK bookings so I can't see the field(s) myself, but if another member doesn't chime in you could contact Emirates to get the number attached.

You may also want to look into Qatar fares from SIN to Europe. They are usually quite competitively priced and you'll get access to the excellent QR lounge in SIN (as well as QF F).

You won't get access to the QR F lounge in DOH, but instead you'll have access to the QR J Al Mourjan lounge which is excellent for a Business lounge. The upside of flying QR is that you'll have a better onboard product (look specifically for Q Suites departures) and you'll earn a decent number of status credits if you need help retaining Platinum.

The other option to look at is Finnair - again a Oneworld partner and very competitively priced. Similar reasoning as QR above, better onboard product for the long leg to Helsinki and status credits. You'll have access to the Platinum wing at Helsinki airport which has some interesting facilities such as a sauna.
I can’t thank you enough for your detailed response. This is a really important trip for me and I’ve never flown overseas by myself before, especially all this way, so I was really hoping that a few members on here might be able to offer some advice and insight.

I’ve been planning this trip all night and actually haven’t slept yet, so once I wake up I’ll come back to digest your information properly. Thanks again!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back