Destination, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjobs

Looking for suggested routings from the east coast of AU to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Would like to avoid anything associated with Russian airlines.

Thanks in advance.

You could try flying to the UK then flying bmi to Bishkek. Bookings are now done via the BA website.

Beware of what I'm lead to believe is no QF points or SC's if thats an issue.

I assume you mean you dont want to fly Air Astana?

air astana website said:
Today the airline operates a fleet of 26 Western aircraft, with an average age of 11 years for its aircraft, and close to 50 domestic and international routes

BA (or anyone) to LHR, then BA (BMI) LHR-GYD-FRU would be another option. LHR-GYD is A321 @ 3h30 and GYD-FRU same a/c with 50min ground time then 6hrs flight time.

Turkish Airlines ex-IST (So Aus-SIN-IST-FRU). IST-FRU is ~ 5h45m. Long layover ~14-18hrs in IST.

Otherwise China Southern as noted already.

Otherwise China Southern as noted already.

China Southern all the way or fly anyone from Australia to Dubai and flyDubai from there to Bishkek would seem to be the two sensible options without flying one and a half times around the world?

It's AFF - why fly direct (etc)

Agree totally! :D If you have the time and money then by all means plan your trip via paris, an italian winery/history tour, the seychelles, french riviera cruise, skiing in switzerland/canada and maybe an alaska/new zealand adventure tour.

I was just assuming that the OP wanted to get from A to B in a timely manner, maybe ready for work(?) and maybe without dying. Those seemed to be his/her priorities but they didn't mention if it was self funded or partly for work etc so we were all guessing a bit there!

I accept your point though - that there would be some interesting places to go as a "via" (like Turkey or Russia) if you were inclined to do so. Personally - I wouldn't pick LHR myself but whatever floats your boat!

In a similar vein, I have looked at flying to Ashgabat, Turkmenistan using my UA FF points, as it's quite a good deal, and the most convenient routing is probably SYD-SIN-IST-ASB (or wherever).

The main problem I have encountered is how to get a visa. I hope the OP has that one sussed out.

Bit of a Central Asia theme going here: we're planning to go to Tashkent, Uzbekistan next year primarily to see Samarkand and Bukhara which we can reach by train. We'll get to BKK on points and from there, its Turkish Airlines through Istanbul to Tashkent, return for 2 people for about AUD6000 in business. The visa issue for Uzbekistan also looks like a challenge: you need an invitation by booking through a local travel agency and we're hoping we can restrict their involvement to train fares and hotels.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back