Destinations Close to Sydney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaaz717

We've been in Sydney for a couple weeks and are loving it. But we are staying longer than expected and the flat we rented is booked. So we have 4 or 5 days free days next week before we leave.

Are there any good destinations within 4-5 hours (driving) of Sydney to stay and play?

Thanks in Advance

Hunter Valley, Southern Highlands, South Coast, Blue Mountains, Bathurst, Wagga, Canberra etc.

My pick would be South Coast (but avoid Wollongong), Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley.

Definitely blue mountains or hunter valley (or both)

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly app

What are your interests or hobbies? Might be able to point you to something.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

It would be great if you could leave it until the last minute to plan. If you get wet weather (especially the weather we've had this week) then I suggest Hunter Valley.

If the weather is warm, the South Coast is fantastic. My pick is Batemans Bay/Moruya area (and, in keeping with the forum, you can fly there on Rex).

bundeena, it's in the National Park and within an hour of Sydney

Highly recommend Hunter Valley/Port Stephens (Nelson Bay). It's a nice time of year to visit.

If you are driving, have a look for some of the driving holidays. (NSW tourism website perhaps? Google would help here).
Great way of seeing the sights between point A to B...

Cheers.

Yes definitely the Hunter and Port Stephens combined would be an excellent 4-5 day stay.
Couple of days in Pokolbin, lots of nice B&B options. Crowne Plaza or a budget busting stay at http://towerlodge.com.au

I have posted a review on the forum it's a beautiful hotel.

Wineries, gardens
Then easy drive to Port Stephens. Many accomodation options there ( Shoal Bay Resort, Mantra Aqua)
Dolphins, sheltered beaches, warm water.

We've been in Sydney for a couple weeks and are loving it. But we are staying longer than expected and the flat we rented is booked. So we have 4 or 5 days free days next week before we leave.

Are there any good destinations within 4-5 hours (driving) of Sydney to stay and play?

Thanks in Advance

The great lakes Forster Tuncurry.4 hours north.But then i am bias as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back