Difference in KF miles paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQ1

Intern
Just did a mock booking PER to JFK return, SQ would pay me 23930 KF miles.

When I book each section PER to SIN, SIN to FRA and FRA to JFK separate they'll pay me 25332 KF miles.

Why the difference??? Anybody more experienced can help me???

Here they state clearly 25332 miles Great Circle Mapper

Cheers

These mismatches are often the result of 2 segments having the same flight number... (and consequently crediting the "direct" rather than actual miles flown as if it was a non-stop between those two points)

I note that GCM says that PER-SIN-JFK-SIN-PER is 23915 miles so I do wonder whether you are being credited on that basis.... (the difference of 15 miles could well be due to SQ using a different "mapper"..)

Is the SIN-FRA-JFK all one flight number?

you are flying PER-SIN-JFK (With a technical stop in FRA) basically. you are credited for 2 sectors. Same happens if you fly Qantas on say... QF1 all the way from SYD to LHR.

you are flying PER-SIN-JFK (With a technical stop in FRA) basically. you are credited for 2 sectors. Same happens if you fly Qantas on say... QF1 all the way from SYD to LHR.

Thanks dazz81

I'd like to make a 3 weeks break in Germany before I'll continue my flight onto JFK. So that would not count as technical stop!!?? ;)

Cheers

Thanks dazz81

I'd like to make a 3 weeks break in Germany before I'll continue my flight onto JFK. So that would not count as technical stop!!?? ;)

Cheers

In this case, you will get the higher mileage.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back