Using Complimentary Lounge Passes internationally

JulezK

Hi all, I have just recently joined as I have this specific question, so thank you to anyone in advance who uses their valuable time to reply to me.

I have complimentary passes to use from my Qantas Premier Platinum credit card. I am flying to Japan on Thursday with my family and initially I was hoping to use the passes in Japan on the way back since that is an evening flight and I will be able to enjoy an alcoholic drink in the afternoon. However I noticed here it states "The use of complimentary invitations are not permitted in partner lounges." But when I go to use my passes, the Tokyo to Melbourne one is there available for selection as shown below

Does anyone know if I can use it or not from personal experience? I don't want to use it and then get rejected there and waste the pass. Thank you.

1728887530632.png

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Hi all, I have just recently joined as I have this specific question, so thank you to anyone in advance who uses their valuable time to reply to me.

I have complimentary passes to use from my Qantas Premier Platinum credit card. I am flying to Japan on Thursday with my family and initially I was hoping to use the passes in Japan on the way back since that is an evening flight and I will be able to enjoy an alcoholic drink in the afternoon. However I noticed here it states "The use of complimentary invitations are not permitted in partner lounges." But when I go to use my passes, the Tokyo to Melbourne one is there available for selection as shown below

Does anyone know if I can use it or not from personal experience? I don't want to use it and then get rejected there and waste the pass. Thank you.

View attachment 411802
You will only be able to use the passes in QF owned and operated lounges.
So MEL ok but not NRT despite what is showing on the lounge invitation portal in your bookings.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back