Do lounge passes automatically come into account on card membership anniversary?

JJmelb2024

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
It has passed my 12 month card anniversary and I haven’t received 2 new lounge passes - any experience from anyone with this on getting them processed?

I could be wrong as haven't paid much attention to passes since becoming gold (and now platinum) but from memory it used to be that using the card on Qantas spend that triggered the passes being issued.

I could be wrong as haven't paid much attention to passes since becoming gold (and now platinum) but from memory it used to be that using the card on Qantas spend that triggered the passes being issued.
Same on Velocity. I only get my Economy X vouchers if I spend at Virgin. Luckily you don't need to spend a minimum e.g. Economy Rewards flight but pay the taxes component. Or fully refundable Business fare.

My AMEX passes took a while to appear but can't remember if that was based on spendage or the end of the new monthly statement period. I think the latter. Westpac might be different though. How long have you been waiting for?

In my experience with ANZ Black Visa they are never issued automatically. The card holder needs to ring the concierge once a year and ask for them to be issued.

With the westpac legacy card I have 2 passes appear with first Qantas spend each year, so I assumed same for all westpac cards

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back