Does anyone pay for Equifax?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you actually pay for this despite there being several free ones out there.

- Any benefits that has proven to be useful?
- Just trying to fix credit score and can't pin point the drop so would it be worth it?

TIA

I pay.

Benefits? Hmmmm. I just like to keep tabs, I guess. I check all my bank accounts and credit cards each morning for transactions I don’t recognise.

i check my credit score regularly to see when it takes a hit. Commbank and HSBC seem quite cavalier in their approach to checks, for example

On the other hand, I just applied for and was approved - with a large credit limit (which I reduced) - for the Qantas card and Qantas (NAB) made no enquiry on my credit file 🤷‍♂️

But when I asked Equifax to reflect that a number of the credit providers were actually closed they weren’t much help - told me to contact the providers and they were even more useless.

It is handy to make sure there are no credit checks on file that weren’t initiated by me

I use the Wisr Credit file to check my credit scores and have generally been quite upto date with my scores/updating any credit enquiries against my account.

Till now never had to pay for Equifax as Wisr has been working out ok for me.

On the other hand, I just applied for and was approved - with a large credit limit (which I reduced) - for the Qantas card and Qantas (NAB) made no enquiry on my credit file 🤷‍♂️

NAB pull your credit file via illion I believe. You don't get an Equifax enquiry, but a new account will end up listed within a month.

On topic: I have a complimentary subscription from a data breach, but I previously paid for Equifax and will continue to do so after. Wisr only updates once every 3 months from memory, and doesn't proactively send me alerts when there are new updates on my file.

A few of us have a free Equifax subscription thanks to the Optus data breach. Not sure when that expires but I also just signed up to Wisr…

NAB pull your credit file via illion I believe. You don't get an Equifax enquiry, but a new account will end up listed within a month.

On topic: I have a complimentary subscription from a data breach, but I previously paid for Equifax and will continue to do so after. Wisr only updates once every 3 months from memory, and doesn't proactively send me alerts when there are new updates on my file.
I get Wisr updates every month, but it’s not super detailed like equifax

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

Currently Active Users

Back