Does the Platinum Reserve Priority Pass benefit include restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Hi, I have an Amex Platinum Reserve card (as well as a Platinum charge) and the Platinum Reserve comes with two Priority Pass invitations. I know that the Priority Pass membership with the Platinum charge card no longer comes with the $36 restaurant credit. However, the T&Cs for PP invitations on the Platinum Reserve say nothing about the restaurant credit not applying. Does anyone know if I can use my two PP complimentary passes on the Platinum Reserve for restaurants? If so, how? Do I need a separate PP account?

I can't answer the question about whether it can be used at restaurants or not. However, yes you do need a separate PP account. From memory just call the Amex team and request it.

However, yes you do need a separate PP account.
@Human will need to keep a close eye on which card you use though, as I imagine it could be quite easy to get them mixed up and then end up paying for a restaurant visit on the multiple-entry card and exceeding the maximum 2 visits on the other card. It is for this reason I have not bothered with the Platinum Reserve PP benefit... and I do miss my MoVida visits :p

@Human will need to keep a close eye on which card you use though, as I imagine it could be quite easy to get them mixed up and then end up paying for a restaurant visit on the multiple-entry card and exceeding the maximum 2 visits on the other card. It is for this reason I have not bothered with the Platinum Reserve PP benefit... and I do miss my MoVida visits :p
Thanks. I actually got a copy of the form to apply for the Platinum Reserve PP benefit ... and it specifically said that the 2 visits did not include restaurants. So the answer to my original question is: no, there is no Amex PP benefit that includes restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back