Double Status Credits promotion (Book by 27/2/24, travel 28/2/24-14/2/25)

The Timezone of the promo is e.g. AEST but the computer systems for bookings uses UTC/GMT, I think. So if you book in the morning of the opening day of the promo it may be during the promo in AEST but before the promo according to the computer systems meaning that you end up needing to chase the SCs rather than have them credit automatically. It would seem a simple issue to fix but for whatever reason QF seems not to fix it.
That wasn't my experience this year.

It would seem a simple issue to fix but for whatever reason QF seems not to fix it.
You're asking for alot from Qantas here 🤣 . But if you have the screenshot of you signing up on the DSC (and even getting the email), plus proof of purchase within the dates, you can just send to them.

Wait for the SR Number to arrive then call them up the next day, that was my experience previously and they adjusted my SCs accordingly over the phone.

Quick question - if I book via Amex travel portal to use my $450 travel credit WLG -> MEL -> SYD June 11th (125 SC displaying on QF website) do I still get double SC?
Am new to Amex travel credit, just wanted to confirm that you had no issue in getting the DSC on your Amex booking @Drnrg ?

And that's now the last of my DSC credited for this round. Glad that the last ones (PC U flights) all credited with no issues.

New promo this week. But it's not fair! Monday is a public holiday in NZ, so my company won't be able to book in time for my November trip. However, I won't need the double SCs but double points would come in handy. Also will get my bonus so will be oversubscribed this year to keep Platinum.

With existing flights to Europe already booked for work next year, I just booked a status run in July 25 with dble credits Ool-Mel-Akl, Akl-Mel-Syd all in J for 2K which will keep me Qf Plat til 31 Oct 2026!

Will get 265 x2 = 530 SCs for ~ 2K so around $3.80 per SC :)

This DSC took me by surprise as I thought it would be Feb/March '25.
I guess it distracted us all from the AGM - apart from @RooFlyer

Have booked MEL-BNE-VLI return J $1793 pp for 240 sc x2 = 480.

Will make Mr Flyfrequently WP and I will be 9 SC's short of WP (can't let that happen 🤦‍♀️)
Flights already booked for Dec & June plus Loyalty Bonus 50sc will have me at 1391

Weighing up my options: a quick status run or get green tier, only one leaf to go......

This DSC took me by surprise as I thought it would be Feb/March '25.
I guess it distracted us all from the AGM - apart from @RooFlyer

Have booked MEL-BNE-VLI return J $1793 pp for 240 sc x2 = 480.

Will make Mr Flyfrequently WP and I will be 9 SC's short of WP (can't let that happen 🤦‍♀️)
Flights already booked for Dec & June plus Loyalty Bonus 50sc will have me at 1391

Weighing up my options: a quick status run or get green tier, only one leaf to go......
GT would be a no brainer in that scenario!

Which leaf(s)?

Give back and sustainable travel, will probaly do Give Back @SYD
If you have a another short domestic hop planned, booking and paying for the offset (about $1 or $2) at the same time will post the leaf about 48hrs later (even if the flight is 11 months away).

Otherwise, the “Give back” should also only take 48 hrs to post but you can only use points…🤷‍♂️

If you have a another short domestic hop planned, booking and paying for the offset (about $1 or $2) at the same time will post the leaf about 48hrs later (even if the flight is 11 months away).

Otherwise, the “Give back” should also only take 48 hrs to post but you can only use points…🤷‍♂️
Have done that one @SYD it's the hotel accommodation - sustainable  stay that I haven't done.

I first got GT this year and took the 50sc's in Feb '24 giving me GT till 30 June 2025.
Can I get another 50 in by June 25?

(GT was given year 2024.....)

Have done that one @SYD it's the hotel accommodation - sustainable  stay that I haven't done.

I first got GT this year and took the 50sc's in Feb '24 giving me GT till 30 June 2025.
Can I get another 50 in by June 25?

(GT was given year 2024.....)
Ah, in that case, the “Give back” is easier unless you can weave in a stay at one of the hotels.

Current reports are you can double dip. There was a period when they were holding back benefits until ticking over member year (like PC works).

IMO it is best to get the last leaf in your final FF years month so you can claim the in the next year if you dont need them this year.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back