Everyday Rewards Targeted Offers

I'm the same. I don't boost offers that I know I will not use.

Indeed, the AI is not very smart. The alternative is to allow a user to decline a booster so it can disappear from the app.
It would be cathartic to reject offers, but I don't think they would care. It's the supplier paying, I'm almost certain.

It would be cathartic to reject offers, but I don't think they would care. It's the supplier paying, I'm almost certain.
I don't really care who is paying, I just don't want to see offers that I won't use.

Also, rejections are more data that can be analysed and used to provide better offers/feedback to the suppliers.

It likely is the supplier paying, and that's why it can't be dismissed. Every time you see it you see the suppliers brand again. Especially when it's a new brand in the Woolworths house they are trying to get off the ground

Yes, it's effectively a paid advertisement. Why would they let you hide them?

That said, Flybuys do let you hide offers, but I see no evidence that it informs the algorithm in any way. I still get FB offers for things that I'd hide 100 out of 100 times, I assume because the brand are paying for me to see it.

Last edited:
I am glad that you have all noticed a decline in the boosters available because mine are virtually non existent for things I would use. I have never shopped at Petstock, everyday market or Big W and that is all I get now. They do not know their customers as my nearest Big W store is 250kms from me! One good thing is that it is definitely changing my buying habits especially with BWS. Have gone from spending at least a $100 there, every couple of weeks, to virtually nothing. My Qantas wine account is benefitting.

And 3rd week in a row with zero Woolworths offers. Just Pet Barn (I don't have any pets) and Big W (none anywhere near me) and Insurance.
Yes it has been the same for me for weeks now. Nothing from Woolworths at all other than the usual points boost for things that are not on special. Heaps for Online, Everyday, petstock, origin energy, milkrun, mydeal - none of which I ever use. and I totally agree that they would do better to give me offers at a place I shop, and for products that I regularly buy. It's been so bad lately that I have taken to shopping at Aldi (which is less conveniently located, and often does not have everything that I want) and only getting the missing things from Woolies. They do not appear to have noticed the significant decline in my spend.

they would do better to give me offers at a place I shop, and for products that I regularly buy.
If I was Woolworths, these would be the bottom of the list for things to incentivise. Why reward a customer for doing something they already do?

Thus why we selectively scan cards (or genuinely take spend elsewhere) so that we are incentivised to come back.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

If I was Woolworths, these would be the bottom of the list for things to incentivise. Why reward a customer for doing something they already do?
Disagree, they should be trying to get you to spend more whilst in store; with some boosters or bonus offers.

By offering nothing at all for their main brand they incentivizing you to spend most/all your $ at the competition and only pop into Woolworths for the 1 or 2 items you cant get eslewhere.

Thus why we selectively scan cards (or genuinely take spend elsewhere) so that we are incentivised to come back.
Doesn't seem to work for me, probably as a single person household I dont spend enough. But Ive been overseas and spending nothing for 5-6 weeks never see a huge offer to come back. And since switching to Woolworths from Coles, Coles havent sent me any offers at all (mind you they never did when I shopped there weekly either).

Because they know where I live, and therefore know that I have access to Aldi, Coles, IGA, Supabarn and Costco (spoiled for choice!). I usually shop at Woolworths because it is the most convenient and because of the QFF points I can make.

But I can easily buy my regular products elsewhere, and for the last 8 weeks I have been doing that. My Woolworths spend is now around 15% of what it was before - yes you read that right, I am buying 85% of my groceries elsewhere at the moment. And as they can personalise a points offer when they choose to, I would think they might care that a person who usually spends $400-500 per week in their local store is now (for 6 weeks or so) spending just $35-$50 per week. I now only go there to buy emergency items like milk or tomatoes that I ran out of. The other grocers are getting all my cash, and Woolies has the power to know that, if they cared, and lure me back with offers that might be attractive to me.
Post automatically merged:

Disagree, they should be trying to get you to spend more whilst in store; with some boosters or bonus offers.
Yes, that is right.
Post automatically merged:

By offering nothing at all for their main brand they incentivizing you to spend most/all your $ at the competition and only pop into Woolworths for the 1 or 2 items you cant get eslewhere.
Exactly!

Because they know where I live, and therefore know that I have access to Aldi, Coles, IGA, Supabarn and Costco (spoiled for choice!). I usually shop at Woolworths because it is the most convenient and because of the QFF points I can make.

But I can easily buy my regular products elsewhere, and for the last 8 weeks I have been doing that. My Woolworths spend is now around 15% of what it was before - yes you read that right, I am buying 85% of my groceries elsewhere at the moment. And as they can personalise a points offer when they choose to, I would think they might care that a person who usually spends $400-500 per week in their local store is now (for 6 weeks or so) spending just $35-$50 per week. I now only go there to buy emergency items like milk or tomatoes that I ran out of. The other grocers are getting all my cash, and Woolies has the power to know that, if they cared, and lure me back with offers that might be attractive to me.
I agree with you both - you are taking your spending elsewhere, so yes they should definitely be incentivising you to come back and buy your regular grocery shop from Woolworths, not buy pet food for a budgie that doesn't exist or go do a department store 400km away.

A marketing manager should be trying to influence someone to change behaviour, whether it's go from spending 0 to 50, or 50 to 60, or to try this fancy new product (which the supplier probably subsidised anyway). But they shouldn't offer bonuses to a loyal customer who always scans for their regular weekly shop, because that's throwing money away.

Of course, "should" is the key word. I feel like we are in a dry spell of offers, which makes me suspicious of collusion, use of credit card data to track overall spend whether or not I am using my loyalty card, or a general tightening of offers. One only hopes that, like DSC and sign up bonuses, they start getting rolled out again when annual performance metrics start to slip...

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back