Experience using Citibank credit card insurance?

MonteCristo

Qantas
Silver
Hi brains trust.

I'm retiring in a few months, and looking at a 'forever' credit card (well, forever until T&Cs inevitably change!). Once my salary goes, it'll be harder to apply for a nice card with a decent limit. I hear they don't rate rental and dividend income too favourably. Anyhow. The Citi Prestige card has a pretty high annual fee, but it has caught my attention for two reasons.

1. Priority Pass membership. Great for travel, and we will be travelling around 4-5 months of the year - 3-4 of which will be international. Lounge access will make the transits so much more bearable. No concerns here.
2. Travel insurance. The PDS seems to show that you can be overseas for up to 90 days at a time, which is great. Most standalone annual multi-trip travel insurance policies only last for up to 60 days at a time (and after getting in contact with some insurers, they're void if you take out a separate policy to cover any gap beyond 60 days!!!!!). So this helps to negate the annual fee compared to longer standalone individual trip or annual multi-trip travel insurance policies.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with using/claiming on the Citibank insurance, and if so, what was your experience like for better or worse?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back