Famous people seen (or even met) whilst flying or lounging

Des Hasler and the Gold Coast Titans in the VA Lounge at OOL heading off somewhere, Sydney I guess.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Finally got into Sydney at 940pm, originally due 550pm. While waiting in Canberra seemed like half the Titans went to the front to use the toilet then had selfies with anyone who asked on the way back to their seats.

Bumped into John Borghetti the other week in the Qantas domestic biz lounge in BNE. For those who don't recognise the irony, he was formerly CEO of Virgin Australia (which he transformed out of Virgin Blue). These days, he's chairman of Crown. Maybe Crown needs to spend a bit more on flights before he's back in CL territory 😉
Not using one of their company jets, what's going on there?! 😂

Richie McCaw sat beside me on QF134 from CHC-to BNE yesterday afternoon. Only famous if you follow rugby.

I hadn't even noticed until the the fa came and asked about pre-flight drinks and said "Welcome Mr bPeteb, welcome Mr McCaw". I looked around at him and said "oh, I'm gunna have some jealous friends" and he just laughed. After that I noticed the stream of very impressed peeps wandering past.

RM had sparkling water for anyone interested, pfb and meal, and was quite a nice guy.

Richie McCaw sat beside me on QF134 from CHC-to BNE yesterday afternoon. Only famous if you follow rugby.

I hadn't even noticed until the the fa came and asked about pre-flight drinks and said "Welcome Mr bPeteb, welcome Mr McCaw". I looked around at him and said "oh, I'm gunna have some jealous friends" and he just laughed. After that I noticed the stream of very impressed peeps wandering past.

RM had sparkling water for anyone interested, pfb and meal, and was quite a nice guy.
Big time famous if you do though...

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back