FHR Booking and Benefits for Family Members

wsthong

If I booked and paid for a room using the travel credit with a FHR hotel for a family member and I won't be a staying guest, is the FHR benefits still valid?
And the presentation of the supplementary Platinum Charge card is required during check in?

If I booked and paid for a room using the travel credit with a FHR hotel for a family member and I won't be a staying guest, is the FHR benefits still valid?
And the presentation of the supplementary Platinum Charge card is required during check in?
I have no idea what 'FHR' is, but you don't need to be the person that checks in or stays under an AMEX travel rewards booking.

I booked an FHR stay recently and didn't have to show my Platinum Charge card, however I the booking was in my name and I was present so I can't comment on the first part of your question.

I booked a stay in Las Vegas last year at the Bellagio (when MGM was still a part of FHR), and when I was checking in, I was asked to show my platinum card to receive the benefits.

By the rules the card member needs to pay and be travelling.
Could always get them a supp then cancel it

Cynicor is correct --- I use FH&R for my family members, but they have supp card - if they don't have supp card, then by the rules, you can't book FH&R for them - I usually get asked to see card when using FH&R

Hi all,
Slightly unrelated but didn’t want to start a whole new topic. Just recently got my Platinum card and looking to make a booking through the FHR site to get the 100usd credit / breakfast etc benefits.

Are the FHR benefits applicable to all the rates available on the FHR site, including the cheaper non-refundable rates? I assume yes if they’re on the booking page, but just asking as I know virtuoso normally not combinable with the saver pre-paid rates. I tried calling the platinum line to ask but they’re closed on weekend..

Cheers

Hotel Collection as well?

Some data points on FHR/THC here:

Hilton & Marriott seem to be a very consistent 'yes', Accor is a 'maybe'. It might help if you confirm which exact hotel you're looking at as someone might have a data point.

Some data points on FHR/THC here:

Hilton & Marriott seem to be a very consistent 'yes', Accor is a 'maybe'. It might help if you confirm which exact hotel you're looking at as someone might have a data point.
IHG has been a consistent FHR yes for me too

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back