FHR Booking and Benefits for Family Members

wsthong

If I booked and paid for a room using the travel credit with a FHR hotel for a family member and I won't be a staying guest, is the FHR benefits still valid?
And the presentation of the supplementary Platinum Charge card is required during check in?

If I booked and paid for a room using the travel credit with a FHR hotel for a family member and I won't be a staying guest, is the FHR benefits still valid?
And the presentation of the supplementary Platinum Charge card is required during check in?
I have no idea what 'FHR' is, but you don't need to be the person that checks in or stays under an AMEX travel rewards booking.

I booked an FHR stay recently and didn't have to show my Platinum Charge card, however I the booking was in my name and I was present so I can't comment on the first part of your question.

I booked a stay in Las Vegas last year at the Bellagio (when MGM was still a part of FHR), and when I was checking in, I was asked to show my platinum card to receive the benefits.

By the rules the card member needs to pay and be travelling.
Could always get them a supp then cancel it

Cynicor is correct --- I use FH&R for my family members, but they have supp card - if they don't have supp card, then by the rules, you can't book FH&R for them - I usually get asked to see card when using FH&R

Hi all,
Slightly unrelated but didn’t want to start a whole new topic. Just recently got my Platinum card and looking to make a booking through the FHR site to get the 100usd credit / breakfast etc benefits.

Are the FHR benefits applicable to all the rates available on the FHR site, including the cheaper non-refundable rates? I assume yes if they’re on the booking page, but just asking as I know virtuoso normally not combinable with the saver pre-paid rates. I tried calling the platinum line to ask but they’re closed on weekend..

Cheers

Hotel Collection as well?

Some data points on FHR/THC here:

Hilton & Marriott seem to be a very consistent 'yes', Accor is a 'maybe'. It might help if you confirm which exact hotel you're looking at as someone might have a data point.

Some data points on FHR/THC here:

Hilton & Marriott seem to be a very consistent 'yes', Accor is a 'maybe'. It might help if you confirm which exact hotel you're looking at as someone might have a data point.
IHG has been a consistent FHR yes for me too

Back