Fraud on Velocity Frequent Flyer accounts

Exactly. The password makes no difference whatsoever. It is just sidestepped entirely. Make the password 360 characters long entirely out of symbols from WingDings and Microsoft Character Map application on your computer if you want. It will make no difference.
Indeed seems to be the case. So establishing a new account really is no protection against the same thing happening a second time to anyone's new account. Only changed account access protections can do that.

I have a balance of zero points and 75 SCs, so even if the bad people do get access to my account, there's nothing there to steal other than my personal details. I hope they will look at the zero points balance and just move on (sorry to the owner of the next account hacked).

I wish I could get my balance down to zero without having to fly speculatively to somewhere random I don't need to go.

I wish I could get my balance down to zero without having to fly speculatively to somewhere random I don't need to go.
Was not difficult for me ... my Velocity points balance has never been anything other than zero. Just a few SCs earned in the last few months.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

If this appears to be assisted by Virgin 'insiders', one would assume their Security Folks could join up some dots?

If this appears to be assisted by Virgin 'insiders', one would assume their Security Folks could join up some dots?
I'm sure they can, but as others have suggested, that's not their priority. The priority is pumping up the product as much as possible to ready it for sale at the highest possible price to the most gullible buyer. A few points here and there from annoying noisy customers is irritating at worst, like a mosquito in your room as you're trying to go to sleep, but not going to affect the buy price, so it's not worth spending any money on. If they can flog the business off quickly then it becomes someone else's irritation.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back