General Medical issues thread

Rare and my vascular surgeon would disagree as he had to fix a few of these pseudoaneurysms . Ive seen a few myself. At my hospital they have stopped using AngioSeal and gone to PerClose.

Agree but i was responding to his comment that they mentioned a transeptal puncture. Any why i said it was not a big deal.

Disagree. We dont exactly know what they are going to do. As a result we can only comnent generally about risk. The treating cardiologist will be able to clarify the risk in the individual case- and this encourages the patient to ask the question.

Again same point as above. BTW ive seen one in flutter ablation. Never say never.

Which is the point that was made about the incidence of a PFO by the treating cardiologist
I surmise your vascular surgeon would mainly be dealing with complications from our cardiac interventional and structural colleagues who use arterial access —they are a completely different mob from us ( tongue in cheek). Electrophysiologists mainly use venous access, so we generally just pull sheaths out—no need for closure devices such as Perclose or Angioseal because veins are low-pressure vessels. But yes I do use Perclose for leadless pacemakers for Fr 28 femoral venous access and left-sided VT ablations if using femoral arterial access.

As I also said cardiac tamponade is very rare, I never say never, I might have my first one related to a flutter ablation next week. A big worry if it happens because patients are on blood thinners.

Our patients are provided written procedural info sheets and reliable online resources (including patient support groups) prior to their pre-procedure appointments to facilitate an informed discussion instead of turning to Dr Google.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I surmise your vascular surgeon would mainly be dealing with complications from our cardiac interventional and structural colleagues who use arterial access —they are a completely different mob from us ( tongue in cheek). Electrophysiologists mainly use venous access, so we generally just pull sheaths out—no need for closure devices such as Perclose or Angioseal because veins are low-pressure vessels. But yes I do use Perclose for leadless pacemakers for Fr 28 femoral venous access and left-sided VT ablations if using femoral arterial access.

As I also said cardiac tamponade is very rare, I never say never, I might have my first one related to a flutter ablation next week. A big worry if it happens because patients are on blood thinners.

Our patients are provided written procedural info sheets and reliable online resources (including patient support groups) prior to their pre-procedure appointments to facilitate an informed discussion instead of turning to Dr Google.
I am having a pacemaker swap next year, under 18mths left on current 2 lead PCM battery. Anything to know?
Original implant had a number if issues that took more than 6 months to sort out. PMT for 3 months, 30cm clot in axillary and branchial viens. Heart surgeon is suggesting he will do swap, but given initial issues I am thinking maybe I should use the original electro-cardiologist.

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back