Help me plan a birthday trip!

Cynicor

Established Member
My dad turns 80 shortly, and it's possible he won't have that many flying years ahead. He is currently QFWP but won't requalify further now that he's also LTG and he really enjoys the lounges and business flights. I can't get much time away from my own kids to do a proper holiday with him but would like to do a bit of flying, almost like a status run except mostly on QF and other points.
We're based in Perth so I guess I'd like to know some routes and lounges that might be worth considering in a short jaunt, while also factoring in common award availability. It would be great to get an F flight in, too.

I'm thinking QF PER-SIN J, then jumping around Asia a bit before heading home maybe.
What are those quirky flights that I should consider, such as the EK F SYD-CHC, to find some interesting lounges and plane seats for him?
Maybe I'll find a SIN F route for the TPR too. Anything you think might be worth looking at I can consider as I have miles across a bunch of alliances and airlines (VA, VS,SQ, Lifemiles, QF etc)

Also any Hilton hotels to consider for the nights I need to spend somewhere. Might try Conrad HKG, never been there.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Also any Hilton hotels to consider for the nights I need to spend somewhere. Might try Conrad HKG, never been there.
The Conrad HKG is excellent, old school, treats Diamonds very well.
Was there again last week upgraded to a Harbour View Suite.

As for the trip then I’d definitely consider burning QF points for EK F SYD-CHC. Sent my parents on this and they absolutely loved it.
But if you want to stick to Asia , CX J on the A350 SIN-HKG is actually pretty decent. Lots of lounge options on the reverse of that. Wing J, Pier J, QF, and The Bridge is re-opening.

Thanks! Will look into availability on the chc flight. Also will have hkg F lounges luckily. I assume dad can guest me?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back