Hilton Taupo

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 29185
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 29185

I've just booked a week at the Hilton Taupo. A fair drive to the snow, but we won't be skiing every day.

Does anyone know whether Taupo are strict with the diamond breakfast policy? Given no lounges in NZ, I would have thought they'd sort of make up in other ways, like full breakfast in lieu of continental. We'll possibly stay a night in Auckland and the lady there said they give a full breakfast for everyone on the booking as a diamond perk, but the lady at Taupo said continental for just diamond and spouse. Any anecdotes out there to the contrary? Also, any experience of upgrades?

I've just booked a week at the Hilton Taupo. A fair drive to the snow, but we won't be skiing every day.

Does anyone know whether Taupo are strict with the diamond breakfast policy? Given no lounges in NZ, I would have thought they'd sort of make up in other ways, like full breakfast in lieu of continental. We'll possibly stay a night in Auckland and the lady there said they give a full breakfast for everyone on the booking as a diamond perk, but the lady at Taupo said continental for just diamond and spouse. Any anecdotes out there to the contrary? Also, any experience of upgrades?

Can't help with the breakfast (I was Diamond and we we were a couple staying in the same room about a year ago and got breakfast, may have been continental only, cannot recall - note to self: remember to post all of these here so I can refer back to them when necessary :oops:. We stayed two nights with a night's break in between (as an aside, we went to White Island in between - worth a look if you have time) and were upgraded both times from a bog standard double room to a one bedroom king apartment, which was pretty large and replete with mod-cons, along with balcony and views over Lake Taupo. From memory on night one we were on the second-top floor, night two on the top floor. I don't know where our originally booked room would have been but the apartments were in the 'new' wing as opposed to the heritage wing. I was happy enough with this property (with the possible exception of only getting continental breakfast). While we did not use it for dinner, the hotel restaurant seemed to have a pretty good reputation. It is too far to walk into town - need to drive.

Edit: +1 seems to recall continental breakfast only.

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back