SYD Meetup - November 2024

EOI: What Day for a SYD meetup in November 2024?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
is it going to be in Sydney CBD?
I would suggest Sydney CBD (or very near) would probably make the most sense in terms of attendees having options for travelling in/out.

Wednesday November 20th seems to be the preferred option for the majority at this stage (which naturally won't suit everyone), but that could obviously change with other people casting their votes.

As for venues, I trawled back through the previous SYD meetup threads to see the previously selected venues so am throwing them out there to get the ideas flowing -:

RestaurantLocationWebsiteAFF Thread (If Applicable)
Pizza MadreMarickville (Google Maps)PIZZA MADRE SYDNEYClick here
La FavolaNewtown (Google Maps)LA FAVOLA | Fresh Pasta & Authentic ItalianClick here
Long ChimSydney CBD (Google Maps)"The Best Thai Food in Sydney" - Time Out | Long Chim SydneyClick here
Note: Proposed meetup, but never got off the ground

All ideas welcome!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Of those, Pizza Madre's menu gives me most confidence that they understand diets, too = you'd cater for the whole group a lot easier when everyone can find something nice to eat.

Neither marickville or Newtown are near the CBD ( which I presume is more central to everyone )?
Chat Thai Haymarket or Pitt St ? ( but closes at 9.30 pm on Weds.) Otherwise Long Chin is my vote.

Ok, just to avoid any confusion, no venue has been selected as yet.

I did suggest "Sydney CBD (or very near)" and simply threw up some examples of the most recent meetups to spark some further discussion about potential venues (i.e. not suggesting that those were the specific venues of choice for this event).

Regarding Marickville (i.e. Pizza Madre), that particular venue is a 10 minute walk from Sydenham Metro Station, which is only 2 stops from Central, or 3 stops / 10mins from Gadigal Station (directions here), so 20mins max from the heart of the CBD. If we're talking about Matt's suggestion in Newtown (i.e. Thai Pothong), then it's literally a 5 minute walk from Newtown Station, which is 4 stops / 10mins max from Town Hall Station (directions here), so 15mins max. Again though, nothing has been finalised as far as venues are concerned.

Whilst I personally have no issues with Marrickville or Newtown given the improved transport links - and in the case of the latter, do consider that as being reasonably close to the CBD - I am equally fine with something right in the heart of the CBD. I'm easy going so whatever works for the majority is fine by me :)

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back