How Early Do you Book a Cruise?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Just booked a cruise to see a total solar eclipse. For August. 2026. Just hope I live long enough. 😂
I received something a week or so ago about a similar cruise and I think it sold out while I was working out when award fights would open…😳

where does it go and for how long
Celebrity. From Southampton to Portugal and Spain then return to Southampton. . Will be offshore on the night as it starts at 7.30pm. It's on the 12th August. My (late) dads 100th birthday and my MIL birthday too.

IMG_2019.jpeg

Some nice ones doing Iceland but cloud cover might be iffy.
Post automatically merged:

I received something a week or so ago about a similar cruise and I think it sold out while I was working out when award fights would open…😳
Celebrity opened up just this week.

August 12 mid to late afternoon depending on location along blue strip

Suggested land locations to watch but I think a cruise would be the best as the ship can be positioned exactly. Cruises in greenland/iceland actively being promoted

View attachment 410406
7.30pm in Spain. Thanks for that link. Seems the place we are is 11th on the list of the best.

Here's a spreadsheet to all cruises so far.

Last edited:
Just booked a cruise to see a total solar eclipse. For August. 2026. Just hope I live long enough. 😂

Just booked my third cruise for 20025. And have discovered Ponant's 'no single supplement page. Really, really dangerous.

Hmmm.. Possibilities for 2026

May:
1728297234297.png

July:
1728297274616.png

OR

1728297306321.png

August:

1728297347332.png

I think I need to have a look down the back of the couch for some loose change.

Last edited:
Are we saying that a cruise ship will have enough open deck space for everyone at the specific time to watch an eclipse?

Private balcony? But that might depend on which way the ship is facing?.

Are we saying that a cruise ship will have enough open deck space for everyone at the specific time to watch an eclipse?

Private balcony? But that might depend on which way the ship is facing?.
I’d be surprised if these ones didn’t. We usually aren’t talking the mega-ships here.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back