I don’t understand [Velocity review dates]

JackBAus

Hello
My review date was 26th July with the card expiring by 9 August.
By the 25th I had 445 Sc
Between 26 and 9 August I completed anther three sectors 45 SC
Although my SC is now 490 SC
My renewal for next year is 355
Should it not be 310. 400-90?

Given your review date of 26 July, you'll need 400 status credits between 26 July 2024 and 25 July 2025 in order to maintain/renew your status until 26 July 2026.

Having earned 45 starts credits between 26 July and 9 August, you'll have 355 to go.

Therefore once you hit status before the review date any status credits get wasted. The reset should be as soon you maintain gold, it should reset on that date.

The 490 will be referring to your 12 month total, which determines if/when you go up to platinum.

Your count to Gold renewal started again on 26 July.

I'm not helping...but despite my own best endeavours I also think it's just well "weird". However maybe I'm just to stupid to understand the logic on how VA work this out. I just fly and hope to get enough to retain platinum. It takes them ages to sort out the "under review" bit, you need to work out when SC elapse at any given time ..it's like a lottery ..well to me anyhow. ,🤭

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back