I have one shot: Biz or Personal Plat?

Deskorpio

I applied and got granted Westpac card 3 months ago. Now had my eyes on Amex card. As I only have one shot (I believe), Which on will I be more likely approved for?
Business Plat Charge: 350k MR signup points and lounge access
Personal Plat Charge: up to 275k MR signup points and lounge access, travel credits, dining credits etc

Director of new PTY LTD , registered for GST, turnover>75k. Personal income 73k/yr as employee from another organisation. Married, partner earns good income. Excellent credit rating. No mortgage repayments, although mortg account still open with 250k avail for redraw , no other debts, living expenses on the lower side. Will only have 1 Cc with 6k limit.

Apart from the 350k points, I cant see the benefit of having Biz Plat over personal? If i use my personal Amex solely for business purpose, I will technically still be able to claim the fees thru business. However I heard that it’s easier to get approved for Biz than personal Amex. Anyone had experienced this here?

Thank you!

Definitely easier for approval as business. They barely looked at anything nor asked for anything. Meanwhile banks for business need multi year history.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back