JASA flight activity posting with ZERO points and SC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

reductionist

SC & Points on SYD-MEL JASA?

Hi,

I was under the impression that SC & points were earned on JASA flights. Has something changed? I have only taken one of these flights and I wasn't allocated any SC or points for it. (FYI, flight was booked in early Nov 2010). I tried calling QFF about this but they're closed today.

Side note: Did not have the best experience on this flight. The CSM sent me to the rear of the plane when I tried to use the loo (I thought it must have been broken or something). When the FAs at the rear of the plane sent me back up the front the CSM scolded me for trying to use loos that were for J passengers only.

Attachments

• syd-mel-jasa.jpg
    syd-mel-jasa.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 160
Re: SC & Points on SYD-MEL JASA?

Did you show the CSM your boarding pass? Seems a bit odd that. I’d of stood my ground and donned the DYKWIA attitude if I was in J and using the facilities FOR J, but being told off for it. Worthy of a complaint, did you catch their name?

As for your flight, if the SC’s haven’t posted you should call the FF service centre and I’m sure they’ll sort it out, but you’d get 40SC’s and 1250 points for that trip.

Sigh, no SCs/points allocated for the JASA flight last night (to me or mrsdoc).

Online claim form wont let me submit yet, will have to call during week.

Annoying.:evil:

Did you show the CSM your boarding pass? Seems a bit odd that. I’d of stood my ground and donned the DYKWIA attitude if I was in J and using the facilities FOR J, but being told off for it. Worthy of a complaint, did you catch their name?

As for your flight, if the SC’s haven’t posted you should call the FF service centre and I’m sure they’ll sort it out, but you’d get 40SC’s and 1250 points for that trip.

Sorry, the flight has been posted to my FF history already but it's showing up as zero points (see attachment in my OP).

I did note the CSMs name. I am a pretty non confrontational person and she was also quite intimidating. After she scolded me I did explain that I was sitting in a J seat and she was nice to me for the rest of the flight. It's just that i would have rather have been asked what seat I was in before she got all up in my grill.

Sorry, the flight has been posted to my FF history already but it's showing up as zero points (see attachment in my OP).

As samh004 mentioned, you will need to call to get it sorted out, and they will need to adjust the entry. Given that the flight has posted, it is unlikely to post again by itself.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Re: The totally off-topic thread

Sigh, no SCs/points allocated for the JASA flight last night (to me or mrsdoc).

Online claim form wont let me submit yet, will have to call during week.

Annoying.:evil:

So it's not so much the ffn not on your boarding pass but the flights posting but showing zero SC or points as though it's a Classic Award?

That has also been reported on FT; seems the software does not handle U class on JASA properly.

Were you moved to a different flight. I had a YASA 2 weeks ago that posted with 0 points and SC. I'd been moved to an earlier flight. Oi called up and had got a points adjustment without any hassles as they could see the original booking. The phone agent explained that they moved me into a non earning class when changing the flight.

Same thing happened to me. A call to the FF centre fixed it. It happens when a JASA is booked in U and likewise a YASA books into X.

It also happened on my flight on friday so will call wednesday to have it fixed.

Nick

Same thing happened to me. A call to the FF centre fixed it. It happens when a JASA is booked in U and likewise a YASA books into X.

It also happened on my flight on friday so will call wednesday to have it fixed.

Nick

I am a new to QF - What JASA abbreviation means?

same thing happened to me and my partner as to the OP for our Xmas even JASA SYD-BNE. It has posted, but 0 miles and 0 SC. No flight change or anything so it does seem strange. I've done loads of JASAs this year booked into U class and they've always posted perfectly. Not sure what the glitch is this time around. I'll call on Wednesday as the posting for the return trip will be the difference between SG and WP for my other half, and we're heading to LHR on Saturday, so don't wanna miss out on those extra status miles...

PS- Do they normally sort stuff like this out over the phone o using the Premier Line?

Cheers
Oz

Thanks for the responses everyone. Just wanted to double check my understanding of how it should work as it was my first JASA booking. I'll call QFF once they are back from holidays.

My 2 today also had no points so I will call in the morning and have it fixed.

As expected, our flight back to SYD last night appears to have yeiled 0 pts and 0 sc. Rather strangely, my account has not had the flight posted at all, but my partner has, (albeit with 0).. We're on the same PNR, so is that not a bit strange?

I've called QFF and got his sorted, but I suppose I should wait until both legs have posted 0 on my account before I call to rectify mine?

Interesting to note that the QFF agent I spoke to had no idea about the earning applicable to ASAs. You would think being a QF product they would know stuff like that off the top of their head. Fair enough if it was a partner airline earning query (or possibly OW).

Cheers
Ozvirginuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back