JASA flight activity posting with ZERO points and SC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick call to the premium desk this morning had it sorted in about 2 minutes. I gather by the way she was tlaking the issue is now well known as i didn't have to explain anything on it.

We'll see what happens on the next JASA next month.

It appears to happen if you make any changes to a ASA booking.

On the few occasions I have changed flights they have posted with no points yet if I have made no changes they post fine.

ejb

It appears to happen if you make any changes to a ASA booking.

On the few occasions I have changed flights they have posted with no points yet if I have made no changes they post fine.

ejb

Not for me. none of my flights were changed and no points posted on both occasions. The girl said it was due to it booking into U class and for some reason the system stopped posting points.

A quick call to the premium desk this morning had it sorted in about 2 minutes. I gather by the way she was tlaking the issue is now well known as i didn't have to explain anything on it.

So after reading some more comments, I rang QF Premium line to get my points sorted, I was transferred from one agent to another, and finally told it is a known issue and the points will show by the end of the week. This is really of no consequence to me, but I am frustrated by the inconsistency that I get when dealing with Qantas. Everyone seems to give you a different answer. I didn't mention that my partner's account had been sorted out this morning on the phone, as I didn't think it was worth it. If Qantas could get more consistency accross their service delivery (in all depts) then they be such richer organisation for it.

Fingers crossed the points and SC's turn up this week, so I don't have to chase again.

Oz

So after reading some more comments, I rang QF Premium line to get my points sorted, I was transferred from one agent to another, and finally told it is a known issue and the points will show by the end of the week. This is really of no consequence to me, but I am frustrated by the inconsistency that I get when dealing with Qantas. Everyone seems to give you a different answer. I didn't mention that my partner's account had been sorted out this morning on the phone, as I didn't think it was worth it. If Qantas could get more consistency accross their service delivery (in all depts) then they be such richer organisation for it.

Yes, I just spent 15 minutes with the (non premium :cool:) help desk to get the spiel about them looking into at the moment, and to ring back in a week if they haven't been fixed. Not to mention them not being sure if a 'x' should be awarded points.(Yes, I know I am off topic talking about a YASA award in this thread:shock:)

.(Yes, I know I am off topic talking about a YASA award in this thread:shock:)

I don't think it is that off topic as the issue seems to be with ASA, not JASA specifically, despite the thread title.

I had 3 JASA flights (all U) in May posted ok. But my return YASA 2 weeks ago (booked O and X) didn't post for the X leg. I thought it was because the flight had been changed and the phone agent mentioned that they had moved me into a non-earning booking class. The strange thing about that is that means the must have 2 X classes and 2 U classes in the system (one earning and one non-earning). I tried to draw out the agent on how they tell the difference between the 2 X classes but he probably didn't understand what I was raving on about.

+1 it's been an issue for a couple of weeks now according to the QFF staffer I spoke to today.

FWIW: I had a JASA credit correctly from 7/12 and not work on 26/12.

Strange that for some people they fix it there and then, and others (like me) get told to wait a week!

Although telling me to wait 10-15 mins that was this morning so i am going to call again in the morning to have it fixed..

Strange that for some people they fix it there and then, and others (like me) get told to wait a week!

It certainly is strange, but this type of inconsistency seems to be status quo at QF these days.

Although telling me to wait 10-15 mins that was this morning so i am going to call again in the morning to have it fixed..

I think I'll give it until the end of the week as I was told this morning, then follow up.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I was just told "fixed", not how long it would take.

Again, YMMV but mine was updated when i checked later in the day (about 3hrs later - it may have been instant for all I know).

OK another call to the FF Centre and i was told that it wouldn't be credited until next week now.

The lady I spoke to said the issue was known and a fixed was being worked on, and until then they were manually running a program twice a week to update accounts. Hopefully by then the issue would have been resolved for good.

We'll see how it goes next week then...

OK another call to the FF Centre and i was told that it wouldn't be credited until next week now.

The lady I spoke to said the issue was known and a fixed was being worked on, and until then they were manually running a program twice a week to update accounts. Hopefully by then the issue would have been resolved for good.

We'll see how it goes next week then...

Glad I did not bother ringing then. I notice my return segment posted overnight, but again, with 0 miles and 0 SC. Still annoyed that my partner's got fixed over the phone (he's SG) yet for WP they just say wait and it will be fixed. I'm have a bad run with airlines this week. BA just hung up on me as they didn't have a clue how to answer my query... (Sorry OT i know)

I had the same issue with one on boxing day. First issue out of > 10 JASAs (since they started awarding points/SCs).

Interestingly it didn't post as an any seat award, ie: it posted like this:
20110104-qfjasazeropoints.png

They usually post like this:
20110104-qfjasa8novwpoints.png

There was a change made on this flight. I was asked in the lounge if I could change from a flight via Sydney to a later direct flight that got me in a little earlier (the original flight was showing J0 Y0 and there were a lot of people being paged). Amusingly, I would have actually booked the direct flight but it wasn't a "cheap" ASA at the time of booking.

I sent an email - original routing credit and missing points. I'm not going to call as I'm not in a rush.

I had the same issue with one on boxing day. First issue out of > 10 JASAs (since they started awarding points/SCs).

Interestingly it didn't post as an any seat award, ie: it posted like this:
20110104-qfjasazeropoints.png

They usually post like this:
20110104-qfjasa8novwpoints.png

There was a change made on this flight. I was asked in the lounge if I could change from a flight via Sydney to a later direct flight that got me in a little earlier (the original flight was showing J0 Y0 and there were a lot of people being paged). Amusingly, I would have actually booked the direct flight but it wasn't a "cheap" ASA at the time of booking.

I sent an email - original routing credit and missing points. I'm not going to call as I'm not in a rush.

Mine did the same on a return flight last week. I managed to change to an earlier flight and it posted exactly as yours did. However the other 3 flights that weren't changed still posted 0 as well.

Mine did the same on a return flight last week. I managed to change to an earlier flight and it posted exactly as yours did. However the other 3 flights that weren't changed still posted 0 as well.

The change flight issue has been around since inception of the SCs earning for ASAs, its a pity its not been fixed yet as it must be generating some work.

I had the same issue with my JASA from MEL to BNE on 27/12/10. Called the Platinum hotline today and it was fixed within a few minutes.

Just a glitch with the system I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back