Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Oneworld
Emerald
Star Alliance
Silver
Previously when travelling on Jetstar 787s on domestic routes, you could only book economy and then seat select into Business as an "Extra Legroom" seat. See AFF article from the time: How to Get a $32 Jetstar Business Class Seat Upgrade

Now, it seems like you can book a proper business ticket on these domestic flights, either as a cash or reward fare

1727882518878.png
1727882548320.png
Has anyone tried this and can report on what the product is like? The Jetstar website seems to promise a hot meal and doesn't differentiate between domestic and international.

Has anyone tried this and can report on what the product is like? The Jetstar website seems to promise a hot meal and doesn't differentiate between domestic and international.
I haven't done it in a few years but when I did they came around and offered something off the buy-on-board menu for free, it wasn't a proper meal like they give you on international.

Not sure for the 787 but for the other fleet it's a $15 voucher/credit to use onboard

I used Qantas points to book SYD-MEL in Jetstar 787 Business for a flight in December. I’ve never flown domestically from the International terminal before and I have some questions …

• Is there a dedicated Business class check-in in SYD?
  • Will there be a meal on the flight?
  • To my surprise there’s a charge for seat selection. At check-in will I be able to choose a seat for free?
  • How does the arrival experience work? Will I need to go through customs/biosecurity in MEL?
Thanks in advance!

I used Qantas points to book SYD-MEL in Jetstar 787 Business for a flight in December. I’ve never flown domestically from the International terminal before and I have some questions …

• Is there a dedicated Business class check-in in SYD?
  • Will there be a meal on the flight?
  • To my surprise there’s a charge for seat selection. At check-in will I be able to choose a seat for free?
  • How does the arrival experience work? Will I need to go through customs/biosecurity in MEL?
Thanks in advance!
I did this over 12 months ago (when I was still Platinum), booked through Jetstar with ye olde Max Bundle to get the full serve of 40 SCs. The plane had done the overnight down from Seoul.

• I believe there is a separate counter, but I was there right on opening (FLounge to get to...) and there were more staff than customers! For those that don't do domestic legs from an international terminal often, you'll still need to make the trek there to get your paper boarding pass stamped/ stickered as a domestic passenger. On departure and arrival you need to be manually processed, and the first thing they look for is the sticker!
  • If you can make a meal out of a glad-wrapped cold slice of banana bread and your choice of tea/coffee, then yes - a meal was provided. YMMV, per Jetstar being Jetstar.
  • I purchased the bundle so seat selection was included. Not that it was needed, after take-off I looked around to discover I was the sole business class passenger! A couple of people tried to "self-upgrade" but were cast back to the bowels of the Dreamliner from whence they came.
  • Manually processed as per departure, less questions than a truly international arrival.

I did this over 12 months ago (when I was still Platinum), booked through Jetstar with ye olde Max Bundle to get the full serve of 40 SCs. The plane had done the overnight down from Seoul.

• I believe there is a separate counter, but I was there right on opening (FLounge to get to...) and there were more staff than customers! For those that don't do domestic legs from an international terminal often, you'll still need to make the trek there to get your paper boarding pass stamped/ stickered as a domestic passenger. On departure and arrival you need to be manually processed, and the first thing they look for is the sticker!
  • If you can make a meal out of a glad-wrapped cold slice of banana bread and your choice of tea/coffee, then yes - a meal was provided. YMMV, per Jetstar being Jetstar.
  • I purchased the bundle so seat selection was included. Not that it was needed, after take-off I looked around to discover I was the sole business class passenger! A couple of people tried to "self-upgrade" but were cast back to the bowels of the Dreamliner from whence they came.
  • Manually processed as per departure, less questions than a truly international arrival.
Thanks for your detailed reply and welcome to AFF!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back