Jetstar with Kids - no seat selection

wendlle

Just wanted to share my experience.
I decided not to pay for seat selection, 2 adults and 2 children aged 5 and 8. On the Jetstar website it stated if I didn't choose a seat "don't worry Kids under 18 will always be seated with an Adult" it was a quick 1.5 hour flight and I was happy for one of the Adults to have the kids with them and the other Adult could sit anywhere they put them.

I checked in online and lo and behold, they placed the 2 adults together and the 2 kids together 3 rows away. I waited and got to the airport and was told, nothing we can do.

Didn't matter, we just put one adult with each kid, we didn't have meals paid for so it didn't matter - but WTH??
Not good that it says they will seat kids with an adult and then put two kids under 10 next to a random stranger and 2 adults together 3 rows away.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Jetstar have always had terrible form with the Adults/Kids being separated and I’ve seen dramas on many flights.

No idea why they haven’t fixed this issue. It’s been going on since they updated the software about a decade ago.

I’ve also seen vulnerable elderly split away from family members, really annoyed me watching these people try to negotiate new seats while boarding.

I’ve not seen this on any other airline unless anyone else has?

This is a problem easily solved. Buy allocated seats.
Potentially, but it can add $$ to the fare.

This is a safety (operational) issue and should be managed by airlines free of charge. You can’t have an adult going against the flow of an evacuation looking for a child.

Agree in this case not an issue, simply swap one of the adults for the child and no issues.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back