King Charles flight

I wonder if it was a relatively last-minute thing?
I mean some of the state premiers are busy doing important stuff, but others are washing their hair that night … and it’s interesting that “busy electioneering” is a reason NOT to meet with The King rather than being a reason to jump on the chance of being seen with him.

Jimmy Rees has made a funny video about this

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I wonder if it was a relatively last-minute thing?
I mean some of the state premiers are busy doing important stuff, but others are washing their hair that night … and it’s interesting that “busy electioneering” is a reason NOT to meet with The King rather than being a reason to jump on the chance of being seen with him.
I think it was planned a long time ago but it was cut short because of the cancer treatment.

First I heard of was this waste of tax payers money visit was this thread and now I am concerned weekend plans to meet friends at Barangaroo for bunch on Sunday may be disrupted by road closures, crowds or protesters. Also have theatre tickets on Tuesday which may also be impacted.

He is not a popular figure among anyone I know, want to know where the irrelevant will be so I can be as far away as possible.

lets hope this Royal visit is more auspicious than the first (by Prince Alfred) in 1867. If you have ever wondered why RPA is called that, it was to try and recover from the disastrous security failings of that first visit.
And at formal resident dinners why we always had a toast to the Irishman.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back