Last 717 service

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

She came out of retirement as YQW was meant to be operating but retired hurt temporarily, she is the only one left after yesterday unless she breaks again.
Is that why 4 of the last 7 QF1500 flights have been cancelled or delayed?

I'm on QF1500 next monday

How many 717's does QF still have in service?
Three aircraft.

YQY was meant to be retired 2 days ago, but is currently covering for YQW's maintenance issues.

YQS is due to be retired on Sunday as 717 operations conclude out of Melbourne.

YQW is suppose to be the last aircraft left. Final day of operations is Sat 26 Oct based on what is in the schedules.

The flight crew had announced that it was the final flight after 44,000 hours - may have said it was the last one delivered, not certain as the announcement wasn't too clear...
They didn't have the fire fighters out with a welcoming shower either, but it was a gorgeous flight...

20241007_190136.jpg

P.s. even the J meal, South Asian Chicken Curry, was great! đź‘Ť

the last 717 ever built
may have said it was the last one delivered
I'm a little confused as to whether Qantas actually has the last 717 built. LN 5156 seems to be the last 717 that rolled off production, reg N939AT and currently operating for Delta. A quick google indicates the last 717 built was delivered to AirTran, which lines up with N939AT too.

VH-YQW is number 5154, originally flying for Midwest. So the third last in terms of line number.

Though I do note that both N939AT and VH-YQW have a remark on AirFleets which state "Last 717 built".

Perhaps they were built at different factories or came off the assembly line at the same time? Can someone more knowledgeable shed any light?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back