Major changes to Velocity Frequent Flyer announced 17/10/24

Two questions further;

1. Any predictions on how this will impact EY partnership overall? F lounge access for plat? Maybe it will stop after April, or maybe October?

2. Just to get it right, my period is April -> April. I already have plat secured for next cycle (from April 25 to April 2026) - but what I'm wondering is, if I meet the criteria for renewal to April 27 (so next next, ie. between April 25 and October 25 I meet all criteria under current rules to renew) but before the October changes, will it renew my status yet again at the time I reach SC and segments criteria - OR will it wait until April 2026 (my next next renewal date) to check criteria for 2027?

I hope this made sense.

Two questions further;

1. Any predictions on how this will impact EY partnership overall? F lounge access for plat? Maybe it will stop after April, or maybe October?

2. Just to get it right, my period is April -> April. I already have plat secured for next cycle (from April 25 to April 2026) - but what I'm wondering is, if I meet the criteria for renewal to April 27 (so next next, ie. between April 25 and October 25 I meet all criteria under current rules to renew) but before the October changes, will it renew my status yet again at the time I reach SC and segments criteria - OR will it wait until April 2026 (my next next renewal date) to check criteria for 2027?

I hope this made sense.
If you make your bookings prior to 2 April 25 for the coming year (to April 26) they will earn at the current SC rate. Thus, if you're able to book the flights sufficient to earn 800 SC before then, and at least half are on VA flight numbers, when your April 26 renewal comes around, you will be renewed til April 2027. Renewal is done at the renewal date though (April 26) so you will have the 50% requirement in place then, not the sector count.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Two questions further;

This question is not for this thread but the QR acquisition thread. If QR gets their agreements in place bye bye everything EY is the current understanding (and SQ to Europe). See the ACCC fillings they made.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back