NAB reconsiderations?

bernardblack

Established Member
Is there anywhere to reach out to NAB for a reconsideration of a card application, by phone or online, rather than going into a branch? I was declined but I think I should qualify if they know about my recent closed card and my intent to close another on approval.

Is there anywhere to reach out to NAB for a reconsideration of a card application, by phone or online, rather than going into a branch? I was declined but I think I should qualify if they know about my recent closed card and my intent to close another on approval.
Try 0370358422

You saying I'll close an account upon approval is irrelevant.
No way a financial service would take that into account. What assurances do they have. Once your approved, that it, nothing more matters.

saying I'll close an account upon approval is irrelevant.
No way a financial service would take that into account. What assurances do they have. Once your approved, that it, nothing more matters.
Not true, at least for Bankwest. Even after approval they sought proof of me cancelling the cards I said I would.

Not true, at least for Bankwest. Even after approval they sought proof of me cancelling the cards I said I would.
And if you failed to provide that proof....

What could they do? Revoke the card?

Interesting your experience, didn't think it was possible. Thanks

Any banking AFFs out there to comment?

Slightly off topic but has anyone had success with asking NAB for a lower limit than the minimum credit limit listed on their website, either after being rejected, or after having been approved for the card already?

I was able to do this with Westpac easily, the Westpac Velocity Platinum the assessor basically said they can set whatever limit they like after my application was submitted, but not sure if NAB would be similar

Slightly off topic but has anyone had success with asking NAB for a lower limit than the minimum credit limit listed on their website, either after being rejected, or after having been approved for the card already?

I was able to do this with Westpac easily, the Westpac Velocity Platinum the assessor basically said they can set whatever limit they like after my application was submitted, but not sure if NAB would be similar
further OT, but I requested a lower limit on an AMEX Platinum recently & was refused, was told it can't be done.

Back