New Cathay Pacific 777-300ER interior

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I saw this too and am considering changing my flight in Q4 of this year to CX (MEL > HKG on its overnight 777-300ER service).

Of course, I know it'll be luck whether or not the aircraft used is refurbished or not.

I personally enjoy Cathay - have been on their business class on both the A350-900 and A350-1000 - both times good experiences.

The 777-300ER and A330-300 products are a little bit tired though, so the 777-300ER refresh will be good.

Hopefully they also resolve this ridiculus Y+ layout. If you're using the left aisle you essentially don't have easy access to the toilet. Row 30 is standard bulkhead so you're literally tripping over someones feet and all their stuff they have on the floor.

1710491019090.png

Looks like they're removing F from the 777 fleet until the new 77X arrive with this renewal.

Great move by CX to retrofit the 777-300 by CX. The 777X has again been delayed by Boeing and is SQ only plan for new J and F cabins - now most likely to be delivered in 2027 if Boeing is still solvent.

Only sad bit is the A350 fleet is less than 10 years old in some cases for CX and would not see a retrofit for a while. Most likely will have to fly A350 from Australia then switch to 777 for the good stuff but very competitive against SQ in the interim.

Looks like Cathay Pacific had the unveiling of the actual product with their first refurbished 777. B-KPO

This plane is flying now so expect to see a lot more media content regarding the new refurbishments.

From the photos it looks more like an update to the original with newer tech and a door for J. BT headphones, usb C, new screen seem to be the big updates along with a colour palette update. The seat space and layout seem pretty similar to the existing J product.

Right now it's flying to Beijing and is slated for long haul starting January.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back