Kentm1

Qantas
Silver Club
Virgin
Red
Oneworld
Ruby
Hi Everyone,
I was going to redeem QFF Classic Reward points for First class tix on QF63 (SYD-JNB) next year. When I pick dates that classic is available and select 1 ticket I see the 142300 point offer but if I try to book 2 tix it reverts to 353200 points for each ticket. Is this normal practice? Do I need to transfer the points to my wife and she purchases a single fare in her account? Sorry to bother. Cheers

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I was going to redeem QFF Classic Reward points for First class tix on QF63 (SYD-JNB) next year. When I pick dates that classic is available and select 1 ticket I see the 142300 point offer but if I try to book 2 tix it reverts to 353200 points for each ticket. Is this normal practice? Do I need to transfer the points to my wife and she purchases a single fare in her account? Sorry to bother. Cheers

There’s probably only one seat available and if you want to get two it prices as a classic rewards plus.

There's likely only 1 CR ticket left. All passengers in a booking need to be on the same ticket type, so it makes you buy 2x of the more expensive classic plus.

You could make two seperate bookings to get the lowest possible total price.

There's likely only 1 CR ticket left. All passengers in a booking need to be on the same ticket type, so it makes you buy 2x of the more expensive classic plus.

You could make two seperate bookings to get the lowest possible total price.
Thank you, is there a way of seeing if there are actually 2 seats available. I would hate to book one and then go into my wife’s Qantas account and find there is no availability left ( or would I😂).
Seriously is there a way of finding out how many seats are left? Cheers.

Thank you, is there a way of seeing if there are actually 2 seats available. I would hate to book one and then go into my wife’s Qantas account and find there is no availability left ( or would I😂).
Seriously is there a way of finding out how many seats are left? Cheers.
If it returns a result when searching for two, then there is at least two seats left at the displayed price. If it returns a lower price when searching for one, then there is additionally one seat at the lower price.

If it returns a result when searching for two, then there is at least two seats left at the displayed price. If it returns a lower price when searching for one, then there is additionally one seat at the lower price.
Thank you very much

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back