Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Does anyone know why SkyTeam doesn't provide its elites with lounge access on any domestic itinerary?

I realise that United and American/Alaska Airlines (Star Alliance and Oneworld members) don't give lounge access to their elites on domestic flights. But with SkyTeam, it's not just Delta within the US - SkyTeam Elite Plus with any airline doesn't give you lounge access on any domestic itinerary - be that in the USA, Indonesia, China, Vietnam, etc.

It's a bit annoying as I have an upcoming trip NTE-CDG-NCE booked with Air France and won't be able to use the lounges at either Nantes nor Paris, despite holding SkyTeam Elite Plus. Makes me kind of wonder what the point is.

I have never had a problem accessing domestic lounges in France with my ITA status and previously my Flying Blue Gold on domestic itineraries.

I am flying again this Sunday from CDG - and I expect lounge access at 2F or 2G.

Last edited:
I've not tried... but seems it's only on connections, including those with layovers of up to 24 hours? Arrival access may also be possible if departing from that same airport within 24 hours, assuming you can access the lounge as an arrival.
1722834987795.png
Taken from here: FAQs Lounge Access | SkyTeam

Cheers,
Matt.

I have never had a problem accessing domestic lounges in France with my ITA status and previously my Flying Blue Gold on domestic itineraries.

I am flying again this Sunday from CDG - and I expect lounge access at 2F or 2G.
Good to know - are these are purely domestic itineraries? I.e. you don't have any international flights on the same ticket?

Good to know - are these are purely domestic itineraries? I.e. you don't have any international flights on the same ticket?
Completely domestic - CDG-BIQ-CDG or CDG-BOD-CDG usually.

AF's website does not mention that it needs to be a international // domestic connection or vice-versa.

1722838786470.png

Completely domestic - CDG-BIQ-CDG or CDG-BOD-CDG usually.

AF's website does not mention that it needs to be a international // domestic connection or vice-versa.

View attachment 400804

Oh, that's good to know! Will give it a go.

I wish this didn't have to be a thing across the rest of the SkyTeam alliance...

We fly a bit with GA and VN and both don’t allow lounge access for domestic only but J usuallly isn’t too much more on plenty of their routes so we just do that instead
There has been talk for a while that ST will look to fall in line with the others by allowing domestic lounge access but nothing has eventuated yet

Matt, that was certainly my grievance with AM domestic and Sky team. I could only access AM lounges if flying to USA but zilch domestic in Mexico.

Can confirm that I was able to get into the Airfrance lounge at CDG with SkyTeam Elite Plus, flying on a domestic itinerary.

I guess AF must make an exception to the usual SkyTeam rules? And if they can, then other airlines (e.g. SAS) probably could too.

Can confirm that I was able to get into the Airfrance lounge at CDG with SkyTeam Elite Plus, flying on a domestic itinerary.

I guess AF must make an exception to the usual SkyTeam rules? And if they can, then other airlines (e.g. SAS) probably could too.
ISTR some years ago that SkyTeam elites had access on all itineries other than domestic North America. I think this changed to domestic worldwide last decade.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back