Platinum Card Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfc4eva

Intern
Hi my annual fee is due whilst im overseas and I have booked some Hilton hotels using my gold status.Does anyone know if I cancel it and then check into a hotel will my status be removed straight away and the same question for the priority pass.I have asked different CSR and have got different answers one told me that as soon as you cancel they cancel all the statuses and memberships?

In the past, I've been told the statuses are a month by month proposition. Assuming Amex stops paying and status is revoked.
I checked this with SPG and they confirmed this was the case with Amex.

Last edited:
I'm a new platinum card holder, but as I understand it each year you need to login to amex and re-apply for the gold hotel status. To me, this then suggests your hotel status would stick. I have no evidence of this though.

I haven't re-applied for SPG gold, app is still showing me as gold. Should be fine not to have to re-apply as long as you've made your election at the beginning .. unless something has changed.

I haven't had to reapply for any of the hotel benefits over the years, they just get renewed. The exception to this has been Club Carlson - my status has dropped there, but as I have never stayed and probably won't I let it slide. If I look like booking at one of their hotels I will ring Amex to have the status updated.

Priority pass will get cancelled.
Hilton, should last until the normal expiry of gold if you don't meet the requirements or don't have a charge card when it comes to renewal. Don't quote me on that though.

https://www298.americanexpress.com/...=amex12#/offers/travel/travel/tcm:588-1538094

Received this via email. Free 1 day hertz rental.

"[h=1]Free Rental Day with Hertz[/h]
[h=4]ENJOY A FREE RENTAL DAY WHEN YOU BOOK WITH YOUR AMERICAN EXPRESS PLATINUM CARD[/h]Now you can benefit even further from renting with Hertz.

When you book a car with Hertz before 31 December 2017, add code PC 203669 to your reservation to enjoy a free rental day.

Remember to use your complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Stars membership to claim your regular benefits and quote PC 203669 at the time of reservation.

Your free rental day will be redeemed at the counter at the time of pick up.
"

I don't know if you just get 1 day free off the bat without having to book at least 2 days. Hopefully this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back