Prague in Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmiles

I have a two night trip to Prague at the end of day. Accommodation is sorted ( a 5k Pointsbreak ), but it is not a city where I have any experience, general views on eating and watering holes, entertainment, all welcome.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I've only done Prague in Winter however, it's a real beauty & a must for every itinerary:!:

I would give you some recommendations however, I played that hard while there I can't remember the details;)

I've only done Prague in Winter however, it's a real beauty & a must for every itinerary:!:

I would give you some recommendations however, I played that hard while there I can't remember the details;)
Oh I wonder what needs to be done for a share of intimate information gathered during the war games.
I wonder how you might respond to fingernail extraction? :cool:

We are going to be in Prague towards the end of this month :) We splurged and booked a 3 day weekend with BA on their Euro club flight + hotel deal. Yeah, I know it is extravagant, but it is our first trip to the continent from London since moving here. We just hope LHR will sort out its long immi queues - long delays for many pax.

We are going to be in Prague towards the end of this month :) We splurged and booked a 3 day weekend with BA on their Euro club flight + hotel deal. Yeah, I know it is extravagant, but it is our first trip to the continent from London since moving here. We just hope LHR will sort out its long immi queues - long delays for many pax.
Luckily my colleague knows one of the best agents in London so we managed to grab club for £300 inclusive, I could not find it cheaper anywhere else.
As for the immi queues, why not grab some of the fast track passes which people offer up for trade on FT and other places - although I have noticed fasttrack is not always so very fast sometimes.

Luckily my colleague knows one of the best agents in London so we managed to grab club for £300 inclusive, I could not find it cheaper anywhere else.
As for the immi queues, why not grab some of the fast track passes which people offer up for trade on FT and other places - although I have noticed fasttrack is not always so very fast sometimes.

We paid 500 pounds each for club - including 3 nights at the Art Deco Imperial hotel (there were good reviews on tripadvisor). Normally, return club fares to PRG are around 500 pounds.

Fast track like you said was not always fast. We flew J with BA from DFW to LHR a year ago, so they gave us fast track passes. Just our luck we were the next one in queue to be served - by a trainee and the person before us had problems with his visa. So, we stuck for more than 30 mins, and there was no one in the normal line :(. In the end, a supervisor came and processed our passports!!!

General word of caution if you ever need to change money; most of the money changers in the castle/bridge area are crooks. There will generally be two exchange rates, a fair one (say 18 to 1) above" the limit (which will be something ridiculous like the equivalent of A$3500, and one "below" the limit a little further to the right which will rob you blind (ie 13 to 1). Lots of people get scammed because they forget to check the actual amount they will receive with the bushranger before they enter into the transaction or dont read the "fine print" (to be fair it is fairly obvious but very easy to miss).

Some hotels will give you very good rates without commission, and there are a few places in that area that are very honest and give fair rates (there is one halfway up the road you take to walk up the hill to the castle from the town). You wont find these shenanigans in Budapest for example, where most of the money changers offers bid/ask spreads that would make CBA blush.

Also if you need wi-fi, Starbucks and KFC have it for free.

Some friends of mine have a living "souvenir" of their trip to Prague that arrived 9 months after they got home....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back