Qantas club pass (access on Fiji airways flight)

MelbourneBoy

Intern
Hi team

I just noticed my Qantas club membership lapsed and have a flight to Fiji in 30 days.

I have two lounge passes.

Am I correct that
1) lounge access is not permitted if I am flying Fiji airways and use a lounge pass; but
2) lounge access is permitted if I am a Qantas Club member, flying Fiji Airways?

Seems overly complicated

Thanks
Michael

I believe you need to be flying on a Qantas flight number. So can be QFxx_x operated by Fiji Airways. But an FJ flight number isn’t get you in.

Hopefully that can be confirmed by someone more knowledgeable!

QP (and lounge access by QFF status) is only for QF flight numbers.

Lounge passes won’t work.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I found the below link helpful.

Fiji Airways and Qantas partnership allows for Qantas Lounge access . I cannot see any differentiation between a lounge pass and Qantas Club. I know the two are different products but I don't believe I received any communication that my Qantas Lounge pass access would be restricted to only JQ, QF flights only. In fact, from memory, I linked my lounge pass to my Fiji flight in 2022.

To summarise
1)lounge access is permitted to QF, JQ and codeshare flights when using lounge pass; &
2) lounge access is permitted to partner airways if I am a Qantas Club member (incl Fiji Airways)

I found the below link helpful.

Fiji Airways and Qantas partnership allows for Qantas Lounge access . I cannot see any differentiation between a lounge pass and Qantas Club. I know the two are different products but I don't believe I received any communication that my Qantas Lounge pass access would be restricted to only JQ, QF flights only. In fact, from memory, I linked my lounge pass to my Fiji flight in 2022.

To summarise
1)lounge access is permitted to QF, JQ and codeshare flights when using lounge pass; &
2) lounge access is permitted to partner airways if I am a Qantas Club member (incl Fiji Airways)
2) is only if you are in a qantas or jetstar flight number.

I flew FJ in February with an FJ flight number from BNE. I did not attempt to get into the BNE QF lounge as a QG. However, upon return from Fiji, I walked confidently up to the FJ lounge in Nadi with my Gold card in hand, and boom, no questions asked and I was in. Mind you it was very crowded.

2) is only if you are in a qantas or jetstar flight number.
Qantas club access is for QF code share services operated by Fiji Airways.

Do you think we'll come unstuck at the international lounge as our flight is codeshared with Qantas however our ticket has a FJ, not QF?

Specifically our flight is FJ910, codeshare QF 3869.

Maybe I'll ask the question in a different way - when we go to the counter at the Qantas Club, when they scan my membership and confirm I am a Qantas Club member, will they care that my flight ticket is FJ, not QF?

If I fly on Fiji airlines from Canberra booked as a QF codeshare and have OneWorld Sapphire status with Qatar, will that get me into either Qantas club or Business lounge in Canberra? Also wondering about lounge in Nadi.

Qantas club access is for QF code share services operated by Fiji Airways.

Do you think we'll come unstuck at the international lounge as our flight is codeshared with Qantas however our ticket has a FJ, not QF?

Specifically our flight is FJ910, codeshare QF 3869.

Maybe I'll ask the question in a different way - when we go to the counter at the Qantas Club, when they scan my membership and confirm I am a Qantas Club member, will they care that my flight ticket is FJ, not QF?
I expect you will be denied entry to your Aust lounge (does not meet the rules)..... you may be lucky.
I definitely would not expect you to be able to get in the Nadi Lounge (with just QF Club membership and not status).
Rules can sometimes be stretched, but I would need a lot more confidence if this was the only reason you might consider renewing your QF Club membership.

I expect you will be denied entry to your Aust lounge (does not meet the rules)..... you may be lucky.
I definitely would not expect you to be able to get in the Nadi Lounge (with just QF Club membership and not status).
Rules can sometimes be stretched, but I would need a lot more confidence if this was the only reason you might consider renewing your QF Club membership.
Ok might see if we can get into the aus lounge but agree the Fiji airways lounge at Nadi has low likelihood of entry

Parallel data point that may or may not help:

I've flown SYD-NAN on FJ flights several times in the past 6 months as Qantas Gold. No problems in the Sydney or Nadi lounges at all, even though technically not the rules (as it should have been QF tickets).

Parallel data point that may or may not help:

I've flown SYD-NAN on FJ flights several times in the past 6 months as Qantas Gold. No problems in the Sydney or Nadi lounges at all, even though technically not the rules (as it should have been QF tickets).
I suspect Gold status would have a good chance, as Fiji transitions to a full Oneworld member. Qantas Club lounge member only, typically will be more restrictive and certainly would not expect that to be recognised in non Qantas lounges

Hi all

To close out, we arrived at Qantas international business yesterday at Syd Int Airport.

Gentleman at the lounge scanned my Qantas club card, checked tickets and allowed us in.

No issues accessing the lounge using our FJ boarding passes

Hi all

To close out, we arrived at Qantas international business yesterday at Syd Int Airport.

Gentleman at the lounge scanned my Qantas club card, checked tickets and allowed us in.

No issues accessing the lounge using our FJ boarding passes
If it was booked as QF (as per your earlier post), then that is normal. The BP probably had “Booked as QF” or something like that?

Had you booked directly with FJ (or used QF points) for FJ910, you probably would have been turned away.

If it was booked as QF (as per your earlier post), then that is normal. The BP probably had “Booked as QF” or something like that?

Had you booked directly with FJ (or used QF points) for FJ910, you probably would have been turned away.
We used QF points

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back