Qantas club pass (access on Fiji airways flight)

Do you think we'll come unstuck at the international lounge as our flight is codeshared with Qantas however our ticket has a FJ, not QF?

Specifically our flight is FJ910, codeshare QF 3869.

Unless OP is confusing P+P as paying with points?

I think the OP is a little confused as to what 'codeshare' means in this context. Yes, the flight has a QF codeshare available. But no, the OP is not booked on it. And you need to be booked on the codeshare to be able to use QP benefits as per the QF site.

I assume he got in to the QP by good fortune, but shouldn't be expected.

I think the OP is a little confused as to what 'codeshare' means in this context. Yes, the flight has a QF codeshare available. But no, the OP is not booked on it. And you need to be booked on the codeshare to be able to use QP benefits as per the QF site.

I assume he got in to the QP by good fortune, but shouldn't be expected.
Apologies my understanding the ticket needed to be QF. Ours was FJ. The flight codeshared with QF

Apologies my understanding the ticket needed to be QF. Ours was FJ. The flight codeshared with QF
How did you book / ticketed with FJ using points?

If you booked using QFF points then it would have been ticketed by QF (but normally using the FJ code).

How did you book / ticketed with FJ using points?

If you booked using QFF points then it would have been ticketed by QF (but normally using the FJ code).
Qantas FF

Screenshot of ticket

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240909-124906.png
    Screenshot_20240909-124906.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 27
Yep. Using QFF points to fly with a partner airline, you get a QF issued ticket and checkin with the operating carrier (unless connecting from another QF flight).

You possibly lucked in OR QF are broadening access in anticipation of FJ becoming a full OW airline (not that should affect QP lounge access but it’s within QF control to do it).

Had you booked the QF codeshare using $, the BP would show FJ910 but “Sold as QF” (or similar should be on the BP).

Anyway, a good outcome for you.

Back in May we were flying SYD-NAD on a FJ ticket and was making my way to the Amex lounge and thought I'd try my luck in the QF F lounge (with my QF platinum status) and surprisingly they scanned my BP and welcomed me in without fuss.

Yep. Using QFF points to fly with a partner airline, you get a QF issued ticket and checkin with the operating carrier (unless connecting from another QF flight).

You possibly lucked in OR QF are broadening access in anticipation of FJ becoming a full OW airline (not that should affect QP lounge access but it’s within QF control to do it).

Had you booked the QF codeshare using $, the BP would show FJ910 but “Sold as QF” (or similar should be on the BP).

Anyway, a good outcome for you.
This makes a lot of sense. Thank you for explaining.

That the FJ flight also had a QF codeshare is irrelevant.
Awards are normally issued as prime flights (FJ in this case).
Awards on TN can be different. The TN award exception seems to be the same with other airlines/ffps

There may be more things afoot. I read a post on another forum about someone being offer a Bid upgrade using Points on QF8, despite having a AA codeshare ticket. not 100% verified mind you.

off topic

There may be more things afoot. I read a post on another forum about someone being offer a Bid upgrade using Points on QF8, despite having a AA codeshare ticket. not 100% verified mind you.
Upgrade on participating oneworld® member airlines
Request an upgrade on an upcoming Qantas flight
Enjoy more comfort on your upcoming flight(s) operated by oneworld® partner airlines. Request an upgrade using your AAdvantage® miles or cash.
An bid upgrade for the AA codeshare flight on QF8 would be unusual.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Last edited:
Had you booked the QF codeshare using $, the BP would show FJ910 but “Sold as QF” (or similar should be on the BP)
YMMV.
My recent flight showed FJ910 only (and was definitely booked under the QF code share - and credited as such with 25 SCs).

Also showed FF SAPPHIRE QF ...xx_x under the Service comments.

Awards are normally issued as prime flights (FJ in this case).
Think it depends on the agreement for the codeshare.

Back in May we were flying SYD-NAD on a FJ ticket and was making my way to the Amex lounge and thought I'd try my luck in the QF F lounge (with my QF platinum status) and surprisingly they scanned my BP and welcomed me in without fuss.
Flying SYD-NAN today on FJ ticket and thought I’d try my luck again and was allowed entry no questions asked.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back