Qantas Delays/Cancellations

Partial off topic but related to delays as well - is the A330-200 more young than the 300 fleet? I know the 300 fleet is around 20 years old but not sure about the 200 series...

VH-EBK is the youngest QF A332, entering service on 9 September 2015, so has not long had its ninth birthday.

The oldest, VH-EBG commenced operations on 14 December 2007, so it's almost 17 years old.

The 'airfleets' site has details of each aircraft.

Update: QF 67 has gone inactive on FlightRadar24 before it took off and the QF Flight Status page now shows it only as delayed again, not departed. Hopefully it's just a blip.Screenshot 2024-10-09 at 6.06.21 PM.png

Update: QF 67 has gone inactive on FlightRadar24 before it took off and the QF Flight Status page now shows it only as delayed again, not departed. Hopefully it's just a blip.View attachment 410849
All aircraft go tech (which I’m guessing is the issue) even new ones but when there no spare aircraft to be found it’s not ideal - I can’t think of other major carriers that have such little slack in the fleet

Update: QF 67 has gone inactive on FlightRadar24 before it took off and the QF Flight Status page now shows it only as delayed again, not departed. Hopefully it's just a blip.View attachment 410849
Now delayed to 18:30 per QF Flight Status page. The 17:17 departure reported was apparently a false start. Not looking good.

Now delayed to 18:30 per QF Flight Status page. The 17:17 departure reported was apparently a false start. Not looking good.
They might as well cancel the flight!!
Post automatically merged:

VH-EBK is the youngest QF A332, entering service on 9 September 2015, so has not long had its ninth birthday.

The oldest, VH-EBG commenced operations on 14 December 2007, so it's almost 17 years old.

The 'airfleets' site has details of each aircraft.
Thanks for this information!! 🙂highly appreciated

I'm very tolerant and barely raise an eyebrow when I get delayed - but if I was booked on this I would be starting to lose my sense of humour...

We're almost certainly in heated agreement that safety must be #1, and we don't know the exact reason for the constantly worsening delays, but the treatment QF67 pax are receiving today is hardly ideal.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

We're almost certainly in heated agreement that safety must be #1, and we don't know the exact reason for the constantly worsening delays, but the treatment QF67 pax are receiving today is hardly ideal.
Agreed. But neither is Qantas delaying Brisbane flights just to load cargo. 20 min delay on QF 547 turning into an hour so they can load cargo

All aircraft go tech (which I’m guessing is the issue) even new ones but when there no spare aircraft to be found it’s not ideal - I can’t think of other major carriers that have such little slack in the fleet

Many times, it seems QFi has "no" ability to recover such delays, even when problems occur at its home base of SYD.

It's working its ageing fleets too hard, it would appear.

According to a few frustrated pax on twitter it’s one tech issue after another

It is pretty damn bad - allowing for checking in around 2 hours before departure that means they will have spent around 14 hours trying to amuse themselves at Sydney Airport - if it does finally depart at 20:45...

In more on Wednesday 9 October, B789 VH-ZNE arrived in SYD as QF34 (from PER and earlier, CDG) at 1845 hours, 75 minutes late.

It is forming QF7, the 1650 hours SYD-DFW that was earlier today going to depart at 1900 hours in the early evening but has been further put back to an expected pushback time of 2015.

Again, not normal for a scheduled 1730 hours international arrival to form a 1650 hours departure!

QFi is in more than a spot of bother.

It is pretty damn bad - allowing for checking in around 2 hours before departure that means they will have spent around 14 hours trying to amuse themselves at Sydney Airport - if it does finally depart at 20:45...

Looks like they gave up on EBQ and have brought in EBR - taxiing for take off

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back