Qantas Delays/Cancellations

This and the QF7 delay are caused by the spare 787 that would normally arrive from HNL the night prior being on duty as a repatriation flight from LCA.
But didn't the last QF repatriation flight land about 24 hours ago? Or is there more now?

VH-EBK is the youngest QF A332, entering service on 9 September 2015, so has not long had its ninth birthday.

The oldest, VH-EBG commenced operations on 14 December 2007, so it's almost 17 years old.

The 'airfleets' site has details of each aircraft.
I think you will find that EBA is the oldest and EBV is the youngest. The reason why dates may look different on airfleets is because the A332 fleet has moved around between Qantas and Jetstar.

Currently enroute back to LCA got a second repatriation flight. VH-ZNC.
Ah OK - cheers! I thought there were two flights, one landed in Sydney a couple of days ago and then one last evening in Brisbane. I guess there is demand for more - not many probably want to leave but are starting to realise that they have to.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

This and the QF7 delay are caused by the spare 787 that would normally arrive from HNL the night prior being on duty as a repatriation flight from LCA.

QFi no doubt is handsomely paid for these 'repatriation' flights.

However, those people in Lebanon need to show some personal responsibility and not expect to be spoon fed by taxpayers. How many have entered that nation knowing it was likely to be a war zone fairly soon given the geopolitical situation?

QFi should have said to the Federal government 'best you approach charter operators such as Hi Fly/Wamos Air etc. to provide an aircraft.' QFi has no spare planes and can't be cancelling or heavily delaying scheduled flights.

QFi no doubt is handsomely paid for these 'repatriation' flights.

However, those people in Lebanon need to show some personal responsibility and not expect to be spoon fed by taxpayers. How many have entered that nation knowing it was likely to be a war zone fairly soon given the geopolitical situation?

QFi should have said to the Federal government 'best you approach charter operators such as Hi Fly/Wamos Air etc. to provide an aircraft.' QFi has no spare planes and can't be cancelling or heavily delaying scheduled flights.
QF said they were operating the repatriation flights at no cost to either passengers or the government.

I am really stressing over next week's QF 27 which is a 789 in light of all these delays. The BLR one sounds like a nightmare and QF doesn't seem to have enough 787's to service all the scheduled flights and the repatriation flights. i wish they would just let QR or some other airline with more planes on hand do these.

To make an obvious comment, it depends at what time the crew signed on.

For flight deck staff, apparently they can work up to 18 hours (and if I recall correctly what @jb747 once said, they can mutually agree with the operations centre to extend to 22 hours.) On a SYD to BLR trip, you'd hope neither would be 'attained'.

Given the fluidity of this flight, it's indeed possible that a 'reserve crew' for both the flight deck and the cabin(s) have been brought in. I am assuming QFi still has these.
Flight crew limitations can be quite difficult to calculate. In the case of a 3 man crew, rostered to Bangalore (and I’m so glad I never had to fly there), you’d be looking at a planned duty period (not flight time) of 14 hours, extendable to 16. To get to 20 hours you need a 4 man crew. I have no idea how the ULR flights are done…and I have no intention of getting on one, as I expect the crew are little better than zombies at the far end.
According to a few frustrated pax on twitter it’s one tech issue after another
Which is just as likely the same issue, but the as the engineers work through “fixes” they’re finding the easiest ones don’t work.

Management was paid a lot of money to set up this mess, and they (he) did his work well.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back