Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

Do people think the regional QLD bookings will work with the new T&C on refund/flight credit being available to use on multiple bookings?

Has anyone done that yet? it must create a new PNR if you use it for multiple bookings right which means this won't work?

Cancellation (including no show)
Cancel for a Flight Credit
Permitted when cancelled before Check-in closes.

• No change fee applies when redeeming your flight credit.
  • Flight credits can be used to book fares lower than your original ticket price and can be used towards multiple bookings.
  • There may be a fare difference between the fare for your new booking and the original fare.
  • You must book and travel within 12 months of the original booking date.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Any ideas when the next double status credit promotion will run? I heard rumours it may be in February but would be interested if there are more accurate guesses here.

Joking aside, it is a bit unusual that Qantas is running a DSC now. The last time they ran this promotion at this time of year was 2018 I believe. No doubt Virgin’s enhancement of their frequent flyer program made Qantas bring forward this promotion to capitalize on Virgin’s miscalculation. Now if only Qantas had a status match offer for Virginflyers.

-RooFlyer88

Probably getting tired of all the VA status match requests
I doubt QF would even look at a Status match from me as received one during covid times.

I will however cancel another VA flight I have & take this QF DSC offer to claim a 100SC that'll be carried over into 2026 as PC+ perk when my VA WP drops to Gold. To leave my options open to qualify for status with QF then.
If that makes sense.

Can't help but think this QF DSC offer is in some part for as posted upthread by @The-Aviator (VA's destruction of their program) ha.
Good timing with VA's destruction of their program. Will be looking for some good status runs!

A previous 'work around' has been to purchase gift vouchers which create a PNR and generate the DSC benefit when used in the required time frame.

Another benefit of using a gift voucher is that credit card fees aren't incurred for the booking.

This is the from the FAQ, I'm trying to work out if I purchase the voucher in the next couple of days and then use the voucher for a flight that I book early next year for some time before Oct 2025 does it meet the criteria
1729808768520.png

I wonder if this will prompt VA to run a DSC promotion.

Should we assume this offer won't come up in March anymore ?
I've heard from my neighbours, dogs, friends, sister, uncle that March could happen.

End of year DSC promos have happened in the past.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back