Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

This one isn't of much help to me, I already have sufficient forward bookings from the last DSC to requalify for WP by end of January (my FF year ends 31 Jul) and my trips in April and June were on excellent sale fares with other people so cancelling and rebooking is of little value given the extra cost and having already requalified.

At best I will book placeholders for my annual BNE (Aug/Sep) and MEL (Oct) trips with this one, but those periods are are also likely to also be covered by the next DSC in Feb/Mar/Apr 25 where Id look to lock in DSC for Xmas 2025 and Aus Day weekend 2026.

Last edited:
Noting that although this offer covers flights until 19th Oct, from what I can see flights are currently only for sale up to 13th Oct.

We've put together a list of some of the status runs which are currently available to book using this DSC offer:

The best one that we've found is the good old OOL-MEL-AKL return trip in J for $1,691, earning 560 status credits (with DSCs). That works out to be $3.02 per status credit, if you don't mind the late night arrival and early morning departures at AKL.

Has anyone found anything better?

Noting that although this offer covers flights until 19th Oct, from what I can see flights are currently only for sale up to 13th Oct.

I think that’s so any flight booked by the end of the promo are valid. Each day new flights are added.

From the QF newsroom

During the most recent offer in February, participating members booked nearly 200,000 flights, with 60 per cent choosing to fast-track their status and 40 per cent choosing to boost their points balance

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I wish this offer could've waited a couple of more weeks when the footy draw comes out.

Darn.
Booked a BNE to AUK just yesterday in J sale. Only 22 days out, so I don't think I qualify for the free cancellation in 24hrs.
Anything suggestions on how I can make use of this.
Had a look and I don't see the J seat on the same day still available. but the following day is. Would have to cancel and rebook 2 flights though and I think that is $200 each.
Would it be any good calling them? I am WP if that helps.

Darn.
Booked a BNE to AUK just yesterday in J sale departing in 22 days, so I dont' beleive I qualify for the free cancellation as I think that is only if it is over 30 days out.
Looked today and I don't see the same seat available on the same day on sale, but do see the day after. May or may not work as Mrs XD is also coming.
I presume cancellation will be needed at $200 each.
Any use calling them? I am WP if that helps.
if you booked yesterday and it s not been 24h yet you can cancel for free. (regular booking policy)

if you booked yesterday and it s not been 24h yet you can cancel for free. (regular booking policy)
When I tried that a few months ago, I was told by Q that you have to be flying more than 30 days from booking for that to be valid. We are flying on 17th Nov.

If I use a flight credit from last year, will these new flights qualify for DSC?

Pity,, I don't need any further status credits to requalify for Plat through to 2026, so I won't be making use of the offer. Hopefully there will be at least another DSC offer next year to help with requalification for 2027.

Quite a smart offer really, to hoover up the disaffected Velocity members.

Quite a smart offer really, to hoover up the disaffected Velocity members.

I'm not sure that was the reason for the offer given QF have previously had Oct offers to align with the AGM in the past. More likely to lock in lots of forward bookings at a time when there aren't any fantastic sales happening.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back