Qantas partner airlines page... Airlink There, No Qatar ...

Well, obviously its NOT 'perfectly clear' - what you say may be what they mean, but it doesn't actually say anything like that, does it? All it says you can fly on these guys, our partners, to over 1,300 destinations.

I guess we are not going to agree again :) but anyone can read what the page the OP linked to actually says.

Done.

It might help to consider the first is Qantas the airline, and thus only promoting the airlines it sells flights for.

The second is Qantas frequent flyer, which is all programs it has links with, including all of oneworld.

Think of it as VA vs Velocity.

In fact VA also has two lists, albeit on the same page, but shows it also makes a distinction between the two groups.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

If they labelled it as such, we'd all be sweet. :cool:

I’d encourage you to actually read the content, and click on a few of the airlines to see why that page exists and the information it contains. The page heading is “Network and Partner airlines”.

QR is not part of the Qantas network.

If included, what would that page consist of? Qantas and Qatar - we’ve been enemies from the start! We hate each other!

Seriously… 🙄

I’d encourage you to actually read the content, and click on a few of the airlines to see why that page exists and the information it contains. The page heading is “Network and Partner airlines”.

If included, what would that page consist of? Qantas and Qatar - we’ve been enemies from the start! We hate each other!

Seriously… 🙄
Still the loss of Qatar award access for Qantas Frequent Flyers is a major one !

Still the loss of Qatar award access for Qantas Frequent Flyers is a major one !

That is not a true statement?

There is wide access to QFF members to QR flights except for the limitations placed ex-AU ports

IMG_5655.png

The page heading is “Network and Partner airlines”.

I mean, honestly - you have to so minutely define what terms mean and require to drill down into a page etc etc. Any web page can have content able to be described contrary to what the page says, if you say you need click here, click there, know the special meanings behind industry terminology. 🤷‍♂️ Does this help the punter, who the page is presumably meant to inform?

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Enough on this from me. :)

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back