Qantas Singapore Lounge Access on Arrival?

scottz95

Hi folks, keen for anyone with experience with grey policy areas for Qantas’ Singapore F or J Lounge. I’ve got an upcoming trip with Qatar arriving in Singapore around 3:30pm and need to kill 90-120 minutes as my partner is flying up on QF71. I wanted to see if Qantas generally permits arrivals lounge access at their outstation international lounges in the same way they do for Platinums into the domestic J Lounge?

For context:
  • I’m Platinum with Qantas
  • On a revenue J ticket with Qatar on QR code
  • I’m HLO so no checked baggage issues
  • Arriving same day as the the flight boards in Doha (e.g Depart 2:15am Doha on 1 Jan, arrive 3:30pm Singapore 1 Jan) as I know oneworld has some funky rules around day of departure
I know you can always play the grey with a 3K ticket but I’d only do that as a last resort.

Last edited:
Pretty sure arrivals access is domestic only.

Plus if you have checked luggage you'd need to clear Sing immigration to collect.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Pretty sure arrivals access is domestic only.

Plus if you have checked luggage you'd need to clear Sing immigration to collect.
Yeah, there’s some information that suggests Qantas does allow international pax to access lounges on arrival to Australia, but given the logistical challenges associated with that, I doubt it ever really happens.

Singapore is one of those unique airports where airside is for both departing and arriving pax so it’s not a logistical challenges, just a policy question/grey area. As I’m travelling HLO, luggage isn’t really an issue for me.

I could always go down a 3K ticket path given I’m authorised to be airside anyway given I’ve just arrived and didn’t need a ticket to clear into a secured area.

Hi folks, keen for anyone with experience with grey policy areas for Qantas’ Singapore F or J Lounge.

It is not a Grey area. The rules are specific for WP - Arrivals access is permitted for domestic lounges only.
Yeah, there’s some information that suggests Qantas does allow international pax to access lounges on arrival to Australia, but given the logistical challenges associated with that, I doubt it ever really happens.
I have used this in MEL, SYD & BNE after arriving on international qualifying flights.

Great for a shower and generally breakfast.

Here are the rules:
ΩΩ Lounge access eligibility is based on a customer's class of travel, Qantas Club membership, Qantas Frequent Flyer or oneworld membership tier, or partner airline benefit. Access to Qantas lounges is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Club. Arrivals: Platinum and Platinum One Qantas Frequent Flyer members may access Qantas Domestic Business or Qantas Club lounges upon arrival, if you have travelled that day on any flight with a Qantas (QF), Jetstar (JQ, 3K or GK), Emirates (EK), China Eastern (MU) or a oneworld member airline marketed and operated flight number on your ticket.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back