Qantas to operate evacuation flights from Lebanon via Cyprus to Sydney

One thing that's missing so far (and perhaps we don't have any members travelling from Libanon back to Australia) are trip reports on the QF service. In particular, I'd be interested in looking at the service provided including meals and seats. Yes there were some reports that the QF flights went out mostly unfilled, but what does that mean for passenger comfort? Could passengers get executive economy level of seating where they could sleep across a row of seats? At the same time it's unclear what benefits QFF status holders got from these flights. For instance, what lounge did QFF Gold members have access to in Larnaca? What about Platinums on arrival to Sydney, could they use the QF lounge at domestic airport? Similarly it's unclear what the accrual of QFF status credits and points looks like.

They will tolerate it the way they tolerate a lot of government spending. The fact of the matter is, if you look at a government's spending you will find things which to you represent a waste of money and others that represent good value. Now, I can probably point to government spending which represents poor value to me but maybe good value to you (and vice versa). Living in a society means we have to tolerate government spending we may or may not agree with. What is key to remember is that it's the government's money and not tax payer's.

-RooFlyer88

It wasn’t a Qantas flight. It was an ADF flight.

Soggy ham and salad roll, popper and an apple.

Replace the lounge with a 3 hour wait in the sun and 100% DG check.

Ask me how I know.

One thing that's missing so far (and perhaps we don't have any members travelling from Libanon back to Australia) are trip reports on the QF service. In particular, I'd be interested in looking at the service provided including meals and seats. Yes there were some reports that the QF flights went out mostly unfilled, but what does that mean for passenger comfort? Could passengers get executive economy level of seating where they could sleep across a row of seats? At the same time it's unclear what benefits QFF status holders got from these flights. For instance, what lounge did QFF Gold members have access to in Larnaca? What about Platinums on arrival to Sydney, could they use the QF lounge at domestic airport? Similarly it's unclear what the accrual of QFF status credits and points looks like.
lol, you are in fantasy land.
They got a free flight home on an ADF flight.
No lounge, no SC’s, points or other privileges.
Probably got a basic meal and juice or water.
They should be grateful to get a free ride home

I assume that’s a poorly directed attempt at humour.

They will tolerate it the way they tolerate a lot of government spending.
Will we now?

lol, you are in fantasy land.
They got a free flight home on an ADF flight.
No lounge, no SC’s, points or other privileges.
Probably got a basic meal and juice or water.
They should be grateful to get a free ride home
I never said I would be expecting. I’m just pointing out it’s only a matter of time before an influencer “reviews” the service

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I never said I would be expecting. I’m just pointing out it’s only a matter of time before an influencer “reviews” the service
If any of them do, it also won't be long for people to rip into them and cancel them. It's not very hard to work out QF doesn't fly from the region and that it's a free rescue flight.

Any influencer with half their brain turned on wouldn't review it knowing they'd get cancelled.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back