Qantas, Woolworths, BP, Ampol, EG Ampol

NRMA also recently allowed stacking their discounts with the EDR/Woolworths discount at participating Ampol Foodary outlets saving up to 9c p/l.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Its just too complicated for me!

Agree. I fill up 1-2 times a month, not enough to jump through hoops chasing $2-3 off a tank and a hundred points.

For simplicity I just use 7-11 price lock (which usually gets me close to the cheapest fuel nearby regardless of discounts) and collect whatever VFF I can

Agree. I fill up 1-2 times a month, not enough to jump through hoops chasing $2-3 off a tank and a hundred points.

For simplicity I just use 7-11 price lock (which usually gets me close to the cheapest fuel nearby regardless of discounts) and collect whatever VFF I can
Use Petrolspy - there's often up to 50c/l variability in pricing around Melbourne. EG ampol is often the cheapest, but only some of them. Today I drove past 2 EG ampol, one had 91 at 1.59, the other was 2.09. shell and BP really aren't competitive so it's usually EG or metro or apco. The dollar savings make any points earn not worth chasing.

Use Petrolspy

The NSW gov developed the FuelCheck app for this.

A couple of 7-Elevens in Inner West Sydney have very competitive pricing, and my home is within range for Fuel Lock. The EG/Ampols near me are not usually not on the cheap end but I do occasionally visit when there's an Amex Offer

These are the cheapest options within about 8km of me for 98 (for comparison the top end of the market is 230c/L and that 171.9c/L is the cheapest in all of Sydney today...)

Screenshot_20241024-214235.png

Last edited:
Its even more confusing in SA where there are BP/OTR co-branded fuel stations but i dont believe any in of these in SA are linked to BP/QF rewards.
Post automatically merged:

Didnt know that was happening, interesting!
In SA you need to differentiate between BP-OTR (which don't give points on ER card) and BP-AMPM (which do).
The few BP-AMPM in Adelaide (approximately grouped) are:
inner suburbs: Edwardstown, Mile End, St Peters, West Lakes, & Wingfield;
hills: Crafers, Stirling, Mt Barker, Strathalbyn, Mt Compass, & Goolwa;
outer suburbs: Hectorville, Blakeview, Gawler, Willaston, Parafield Gdns, Mawson Lakes & Roseworthy.
I think all also accept the Drakes 4c shopper petrol docket.
Remember, when paying, first scan your QF card. At this point the machine defaults to payments with QF points. If you want to earn QF points, you MUST press 'cancel', otherwise you'll end up USING QF points (for the payment) and not earning any QF points (for the purchase). Of course pay with a credit card which earns QF points.
If you allow the ER card linked to BP purchases to send you emails, you'll be offered specials such as 3:1 points, or an extra 200 or 300 QF points bonus on your purchase.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back