Qatar Lounge Access Adelaide

jase05

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I did have a chuckle the other night in the VA lounge at ADL. For the first time, at least for me, I was a bit surprised to hear an announcement for boarding of the Qatar flight to Doha and quite a few people make their way out of the lounge to the departure gate ...,šŸ˜ƒ. So, if they were booked on VA codeshare would it be they get rejected from the QF lounge or is it that VA lounge is actively encouraged by QR? ,šŸ¤­
QR direct passengers to the VA lounge but obviously you can head to the QF lounge too. QF lounge is a much further walk though and shuts a good hour before the QR flight though

QR direct passengers to the VA lounge but obviously you can head to the QF lounge too. QF lounge is a much further walk though and shuts a good hour before the QR flight though
That's very "OneWorld" of QF....,šŸ™„

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

That's very "OneWorld" of QF....,šŸ™„
I guess itā€™s no different to QR using NZ lounges at other Australian ports or when in AKL we were given passes to the Strata lounge (which is better than the QF lounge anyway IMO)
All sorts of weird and wonderful lounge access rules and peculiarities

VA does have a few later flights out of ADL so lounge would be open anyway. I think the last VA flight out of ADL is at the same time as the QR flight still
Yeah a Brisbane and a Perth i think...I was on the latter. I get your point fe lounges but I still think it's funny that in Australia QR are sending pax to VA lounge as existing oneworld lounge of QF is closed.

Yeah a Brisbane and a Perth i think...I was on the latter. I get your point fe lounges but I still think it's funny that in Australia QR are sending pax to VA lounge as existing oneworld lounge of QF is closed.
Melbourne and Perth look to be the last out of ADL @ 2150. BNE has a curfew 2200 to 0600.

I believe the QF lounge wasnā€™t prepared to stay open.
As I said at other ports around the place we see similar things such as QR directing passengers to Air NZ lounges
Yeah, I think it's safe to say we all know QR & QF aren't exactly BFF's, despite OW :)

BNE doesnā€™t have a curfewā€¦
Wasn't this introduced in 2022? Perhaps it was just proposed?

edit: oh I see it didn't proceed or is limited to 45 flights per hr 2200-0600, ignore :)

Last edited:
I believe the QF lounge wasnā€™t prepared to stay open.
As I said at other ports around the place we see similar things such as QR directing passengers to Air NZ lounges
QR werenā€™t prepared to pay QF to stay open?

As per other threads, QR direct PAX to non OW lounges around the world to save money.

With respect I think you need to get out more.

I could probably come up with a hundred examples of lounges around the world, from all alliances, that donā€™t stay open for airlines within the alliance.

Each airline will contract a primary lounge to send its pax, sometimes itā€™s within the alliance, often itā€™s not. Itā€™s quite often about money.

Then of course thereā€™s examples of lounges that wonā€™t even stay open for flights of their own airline. QR at SIN didnā€™t open for the morning flight when it first opened.

With respect I think you need to get out more.

I could probably come up with a hundred examples of lounges around the world, from all alliances, that donā€™t stay open for airlines within the alliance.

Each airline will contract a primary lounge to send its pax, sometimes itā€™s within the alliance, often itā€™s not. Itā€™s quite often about money.

Then of course thereā€™s examples of lounges that wonā€™t even stay open for flights of their own airline. QR at SIN didnā€™t open for the morning flight when it first opened.
Okay...let's name 100 of the 100s you can come up with. I actually think the majority do stay within the alliance ....maybe that's because I am out a lot....,šŸ¤­..with respect.

Okay...let's name 100 of the 100s you can come up with. I actually think the majority do stay within the alliance ....maybe that's because I am out a lot....,šŸ¤­..with respect.

Off you go. Type in an airport code and anytime you see ā€œAccess for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines onlyā€, add it to the list.

If you start with major airports like SIN youā€™ll get to 100 pretty quick. And this is just oneworld.

From what I can see from a quick look, that the lounges are actually all one world alliance type lounges except for the occasional "other party" but not airline provided. I am not seeing at SIN for example, one world customers being directed to say a star alliance or SkyTeam lounge. Perhaps you can be more specific for my poor surfing skills?

Off you go. Type in an airport code and anytime you see ā€œAccess for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines onlyā€, add it to the list.

If you start with major airports like SIN youā€™ll get to 100 pretty quick. And this is just oneworld.
From what I can see from a quick look, that the lounges are actually all one world alliance type lounges except for the occasional "other party" but not airline provided. I am not seeing at SIN for example, one world customers being directed to say a star alliance or SkyTeam lounge. Perhaps you can be more specific for my poor surfing skills?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back