QBE Travel Insurance claiming post 1 June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross710

Established Member
Westpac changed the insurer who is providing their credit complimentary travel insurance to QBE, previously Allianz.

I had two successful claims using Allianz from travel purchase don my Westpac Krisflyer plat card.

Came across a friend last week who was struggling with the QBE process. They seemed adamant on having their form completed entirely even though much of the 20 (?) pages were irrelevant and duplications.

Has anyone had any experiences (good and bad) with the new provider QBE?

I'm holding booked travel through Singapore, Sri Lanka, UAE, Bahrain and India....I can feel a claim coming on somewhere.

Alby

When did Westpac Krisflyer Platinum change to Allianz? Last year when I went overseas in March the insurer was Zurich. I have the letter from them issued before travel - I always get one.

Zurich had great cover for pre-existing medical conditions - important for me as a diabetic. If the cover is now QBE where can one get the terms and conditions?

QBE are not easy to claim through, but not as hard as others either. They pay slowly too. I much prefer TID but they don't cover what I need, so QBE annual policy it is :(

When did Westpac Krisflyer Platinum change to Allianz? Last year when I went overseas in March the insurer was Zurich. I have the letter from them issued before travel - I always get one.

Zurich had great cover for pre-existing medical conditions - important for me as a diabetic. If the cover is now QBE where can one get the terms and conditions?
My apology, you are correct, it previously was ZUrich. I will edit the original post.

You can get the QBE conditions Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy (For claim events prior to 1 June 2015) (PDF 285kb)

Just looking at the enhanced Westpac complimentary travel insurance. I notice now :

To be eligible for this complimentary overseas travel insurance, before leaving Australia on an overseas journey, you must have a return overseas travel ticket, and need to have prepaid at least A$500 of your travel costs using your eligible card.
from http://www.westpac.com.au/personal-...avelling-overseas-insurance/travel-insurance/

This might be interesting to see how they handle point redemptions where the taxes fall below that threshold. I assume that low value overseas redemptions are not going to trigger the insurance...which would mean needing to prepay some accommodation to top up the amount.

Anyone had any experience with this new requirement?

Alby

Came across a friend last week who was struggling with the QBE process. They seemed adamant on having their form completed entirely even though much of the 20 (?) pages were irrelevant and duplications.

Claims that "slip" due to the complexity of the paperwork - the number and type of questions, the documentary evidence required, etc - is the first rule of being an insurance company. If they made it too easy, many more people would successfully submit claims. I hope your friend perseveres. Don't let the coughs win! ;)

Claims that "slip" due to the complexity of the paperwork - the number and type of questions, the documentary evidence required, etc - is the first rule of being an insurance company. If they made it too easy, many more people would successfully submit claims. I hope your friend perseveres. Don't let the coughs win! ;)

You are so right...just had an 8 month battle with TAL (Tower Australia Life) for a $1,000 claim. As soon as the cheque cleared I cancelled the policy never to touch that company again. They offered to do an investigation to ensure that they followed their procedures. I said don't bother, it was the procedures that are the problem. Having been paying the premiums for 10 years I was really annoyed when I had to prove my own identity....didn't seem to bother them when they were direct debiting the same account. PS: I would encourage anyone with TAL to investigate the claims process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back