QF422 [go around experience]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only QF 388 issue was the assymetric flap extension on approach into YSSY. I typically do on average up to 100 sectors per year internationally and domestic across multiple airlines. The above details represent the last 5-6 years of travel - say 20 issues in total. Not sure what the % of aborted take offs /rejected landings, etc are but 3-4% seems low to me but this would most likely depend on a number of variables including what airports / routes you fly.

Well, as I said earlier, my go around rate overall is about .5%...so 3-4 sounds terrible. As for aborts...I've done two in 20,000 hours (he says whilst touching wood). One in an A4G, and another in a 767 (at Darwin).

While were at it my most unusual flying experience was when I contracted to CDSC (around 25 years ago now) working on the RAN DDG's and getting winched into the back of Sea King off the coast of NSW for a 45 minute flight back to NAS Nowra....

Done that too, but from both ends of the winch.

Only 1 go around for me in the last two years as a shorthaul pilot below 1500 feet (thats about 5 nautical miles out) - due to windshear.

Plenty in my C130 times but most of those were atrocious controlling in non-English speaking countries or to dirt strips at night (including to avoid roos/cows/camels).

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back